AT&T Comes in Last in Consumer Reports

You know whats funny, my blackberry doesnt even have 3g through At&t and i still get almost 2mbit while tethering

I dont even know wtf 3g is or care what it is for that matter. Maybe its just me but I like a really basic phone that doesnt have internet, email, etc. I dont even have a camera phone and really dont need one.

Not a chance. Either its on 3G or you have no idea what you are talking about.

I would have swore I got that… Let me see if i can find my usb and tether with it really quick…

I’m not trying to be a dick, but eGPRS or EDGE or 2.5g (whatever you want to call it) is just not capable of anywhere near that speed. The protocol’s max speed is 236.8 kbps and you’ll never get the max. You must be on 3G if you are anywhere near the speeds of 3g. AT&T in upstate NY uses HSDPA which is capable or 3.6mbps and AT&T supplies us with somewhere around 2mbps but I have hit 2.5 a few times. Downloading files on my laptop teathered to my iPhone I rarely see speeds less then 200kBps (kilobytes, not kilobits).

Now that I think of it…I may have done it with my blackjack, which was 3g…

:rofl iPhone owners get defensive!

How do I do the fancy phone nerd warp speed test?

Well, Verizon does have the name that starts with the letter “V”.

+rep

Lol, I am not defending the iphone although it does rock but AT&T in general. I got the same speeds with my last Sony Ericsson phone.

To do the test I tethered my phone to a laptop then went to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest and ran the speedtest.

MOTHER FUCKING +REP

I sell AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

I own Verizon.

thanks pjb

I can tether my FUZE but it maxes it out around 200kbps with full EDGE according to a speed test. Real life downloads were like 30-40kbps

Verizon 3G here is

200kbps is about perfect for EDGE. And that speed for verizon is certainly good, just not as fast as AT&T 3G. Too bad ATT 3G isn’t up there in the woods yet :hug. Thanks for the post homie.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

naw seriously, my droid does everything I want it to.

Iphone is a great phone and I would prolly own one if it was on Verizon, but it’s not. Verizon>AT&T>Sprint>>>T-Mobile

Just my 2c.

No Prob.

I still have full data on my FUZE and when I hook up my lappy next time with 3G I’ll get a speedtest. It hauls though!

you said it best.

if you live where the population of humans exceeds the population of deer, AT&T works just fine.

This is a good point. Hell, i cant think of any reason why you would want to go 80% of the places verizons “3g map” shows.

Thats great you get 3g service in a field in montana. Id rather have reliable service where i am 99% of the time

AT&T hands down, the droid sucks and is the 1st gen of that phone im sure it will have the 3g texting problems all the other verizon phones have and many other problems

i have no complaints with AT&T’s 3g coverage (gets coverage where my verizon phone didnt) and the iphone 3gS is fast, takes good pictures, uploading to youtube and photobucket or facebook is easy as cake and its fast