AT&T Comes in Last in Consumer Reports

the only place i go regularly that doesnt have the best coverage even has terrible Verizon coverage. but as soon as i get back on Rt 9G, i have 3G again. not a big deal to me. ive driven all around this country with AT&T and had service where i needed it. i dont know about anyone else on here, but i have no plans to live in wyoming.

There are MULTIPLE tests ran by websites polling thousands of people showing that for the vast majority of people 3G for Verizon is faster than AT&T, I posted a few of them up in the Droid thread even.

Edit: Not sure where I posted them on here and unable to look them up again as I’m at work but will do it when I’m home later tonight.

I have had both AT&T and verizon. I think the 3g speed thing is more cause I phone has a better processor. Cause Blackberry to blackberry my phone downloads just as fast as AT&T.

Verizon is definitely a better company for customer service though 100 times over. I actually won a lawsuit against AT&T after the gave my phone number out to someone who was not me. It lead to me being stalked and actually endagered my welfare as well as my girlfriends and I had to scream and shot with AT&T to change my number and when the wouldn’t i took them to court to terminate my serivce and won that as well as all the money i paid to them while not using the phone but having service.

My biggest thing was how customer service treated me. Then how their district managers and executive did not care in anyway about the situation after i had been with them since they were cingular which was about 5 years at the time and I had a 4 phone account.

I don’t know about Albany, but I used to have ATT and I travel state wide. There are a lot of areas I could not get service with ATT. I switched to Verizon and I get twice as much service and in the areas where ATT service sucked, my Verizon service is perfectly fine.

^^^ correct.

I manage the mobile devices across my entire enterprise here at my company.

When I got handed over the project, we were using AT&T/Cingular aircards for laptops. While these were fine and worked, a lot of my agents started complaining after word of mouth started spreading that Verizon has more places that it connects in. I have since replaced about 12 Cingular cards with Verizon cards and those agents/adjusters couldn’t be happier.

Most of them were in MA and NJ. We sell agricultural insurance (barns, equipment, etc.) so these tend to be remote areas.

Edit:

I tested the AT&T card side by side with the Verizon card here in Home Office and the AT&T card blew the Verizon one OUT OF THE WATER. I was actually reluctant at first to send out my first Verizon card, but people are reporting good things about them in other geographic areas such as Franklin, MA and Trenton, NJ.

Heres one of the tests…

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/07/3g-speed-test/

Verizon came in first place with an average download speed of 1,940 Kbps, as reported by 856 participants. T-Mobile’s average rate was 1,793 Kbps with 1,189 reported T-Mobile users. Third was Sprint with 1,598 Kbps, based on data from 1,570 users. In dead last was AT&T with an average of 901 Kbps — but an overwhelmingly large user sample of 8,153 test takers.

Granted The fact that 10x as many ppl reported speeds for ATT than for Verizon but the average Verizon speeds are right up with what has been posted for ATT in this thread.

Heres another, showing Verizon with faster download and AT&T with faster upload in a few different places.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/167391/a_day_in_the_life_of_3g.html

Consumer Reports is nothing but a bunch of uninformed Chinese nerds.

If you say so Chris.

:lol I have T-Mobile, only because it’s free because I don’t pay for my cell phone services, and I’ve had it for like 2+ years and have never had any problems with service other than maybe in a heavily wooded area in which I never go. They JUST recently got 3G service like 2 or 3 months ago though. I think they’re wayyyy better than Sprint, based on the people I know that have Sprint and how much their service, customer service, and phones SUCK.

I love Blackberry’s(currently have the BB 8900 Curve) but the iPhone is just tits and I’m probably going to pick up an unlocked & jailbroken one within the next week to use on T-Mobile :lol

Boost Mobile > *

$50 a month unlimited everything.

Boost Mobile ftw.

I just tested my regular 3g in class and it was 2044kbps. Plenty fast for me! :slight_smile:

That was 2044download and 668 upload. It saves the results, so ill show u the next time I see you

U got an iPhone too sullyvan?

He has the new Droid.

Version. Ftw!

Thats like saying VR4 FTW :Idiots

Where did you test it? Link please.

Also, if you can’t spell Verizon test does not count.

From MY tests AT&T is faster where I live and thats really all that matters.