ATT: ALL watch out for Z_roots!

lol…I would’nt do business with either of them anymore.

This’ll be my last post.
When you have a mechanic that you trust like family telling you that the parts you bought are unfit and that he wouldn’t put them on his car - guess what? - that’s right they don’t get installed. I think that’s what most people refer to as common sense.
When you’re about to do a deal with someone you ask questions (also common sense), for example how long has a part been on a car, or if it works well or not. If you get a reponse back like “I don’t know if the fuel pump works, but if it doesn’t get back to me and I will get you another one” (re: a SON240 member making his sale to me) - this is what most people refer to as common courtesy.
When you send someone a message with pertinent, information that requires a decision and response you email them back with a legitimate solution, don’t try to cover your mess and find easy outs that aren’t actually solutions to the problem (again common courtesy) - and also, it’s discourteous to ignore emails and expect people to solve your problems for you
What I have learned out of this: when parts appear to be extremely used, I will have to tell myself to not be pushed into buying them. In the month+ of dead time that has passed I have not posted an ad for tokico struts, with eibach springs because they are unfit for any 240sx and should not be sold. I will still be looking for parts when I find some money to do so.
To JDM-KID: get your head straight, man-up to your mistake - nobody likes being wrong

[/QUOTE] To JDM-KID: get your head straight, man-up to your mistake - nobody likes being wrong [/QUOTE]

I’ve proved my point in this thread, Z_roots THANKS for posting.LOCK IT UP!!!

who is to say the struts or springs are bunk? by the sounds of it the upper strut mounts are worn out, which happens all the time. a set of mounts is cheap so i don’t really understand why you two haven’t sorted it out man to man without being a pair of e-thugs on son.

Grow up, stop being cheap and if you make your bed you have to sleep in it

P.S. - To everyone that took the time to read JDM-KID’s post and reply, I apprieciate your posts, but to his initial statement “What type of person would intentionally try to screw someone?” - the answer is pretty clear here. If anyone would like the name of my mechanics shop including the name of the person I deal with and the phone number - by all means contact me, they will tell you straight up that my car was at his shop at the time, and that I dropped off the parts I wanted installed. I couldn’t care less if people think negatively about me and don’t want to do any business with me, I am after all the buyer here and nobody responding to these posts was actually there for what transpired. If this guy wants to ignore my PM’s (which he admitted to) and post a blog trying to rally SON to his cause, that’s fine - it gave me a good laugh.

it all comes down to son240 has the greatest lowballing ppl in ontario. its amazing the offers that gets tossed around when a certain part is posted. i dare anyone to low ball me. its expect and the answer is no, drive home empty handed.

We’ll I hope that laugh was worth losing anykind of reputation you had on this site previously, cuz now its gone.

The strut mounts are gone, Boo-who. From what I have read he told you to replace them with yours and stick the bad ones on the struts your supposed to give him back. The only way you can possibly be the winner in this situation is if the actual struts or springs are proven to be unfit (blown, broken ect…), which their seemingly not.

Pay your trusted mechanic friend to swap the strut mounts, or do it yourself. Give him your old struts and enjoy your new suspension. Whats all the drama for?

Lol right, and who are you?? They are unfit, my mechanic told me so - he also said that it would’ve been noticeable during driving, and they should have simply been replaced, not sold. I can’t pay him to do it because they are unfit and he refused to install them, I’m def not driving around an unsafe car. BTW I’m not the one crying here…

so lets all go back to highschool whos down?

Obviously not your mechanic so dont listen to anything I have to say. You might as well throw them out, their garbage.

i want to go back to high school , reading this i thought that i was reading to 13 year old school girls argue and that last post… “…and i’m not the one crying here…” boo hoo if you can’t work on your own car then you should not own it, the problem that you have is easily fixable whether your “mechanic” says so or not. Ask anybody here if they have had to do the same work that is required in your situation and i bet majority of them will say yes or that they know someone that has had to. I know I have.

you sir are my hero

if you dont know enough to the point that you cant tell blown shocks from good ones than you shouldent be buying shocks by yourself. bring a friend or somthing…

this is rediculous

Firstly let me say that I have driven with JDM-KID while all these parts (INCLUDING the suspension) were still in his car, they were in great shape! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way anything performed. IF I didn’t know, I would have thought these parts were installed yesterday. Secondly I was the one who drove him to make this sale so I was there to see this whole ordeal take place.

Z_Roots, is being completely unfair. His mechanic may be right about the top mounts being “unfit”. Well sure, but he doesn’t seem to be able to comprehend with that small brain of his is the reasoning behind why his mechanic is saying this.

JDM-KID said to REPLACE the top mounts on the Tokico’s with the stock ones being removed from his car. He was told this before he signed the agreement, and it’s quite clear that he simply smiled and nodded when he did not fully understand what was being explained to him. Had he understood this, he could have told his mechanic the situation, and his mechanic would have swapped the top mounts and he would never have said these were unfit for his car. This deal could be done and over with, if this guy had understood what was going on… it’s his own stupidity that he is trying now push onto JDM-KID. If he doesn’t agree with having to exchange the top mounts then he should never have agreed to pay for the suspension, nor to send out his stock suspension back to JDM-KID. Quite obviously, judging by the way he was talking when we met him, and by what he’s been saying on this thread, he still has no idea what is going on. He was simply there to get parts as cheaply as possible at anyone’s expense but his own.

Overall he was rude, disrespectful and has ripped off an honest, hard working person, and for what? Maybe 80 dollars in shipping fees? I think that’s completely absurd!! I think JDM-KID should walk away from this at least being happy knowing that it’s disgusting people like this that will make alot of enemies in life treating people this way to make a quick buck, and I don’t mean exclusively 240’s, or the SON board, or sales in general, he will get what’s coming to him in one way or another.

I guess for everyone else that hasn’t dealt with guy… take good advice and don’t deal with him. Pick and choose who you deal with cause you never know when you’ll run into a douchebag like this.

Trying to provoke the situation huh?? Well since I can’t let you get away with this I’ll promise you that while you talk all this BS (you sat in your crappy car the whole time), and know far less than you think - if I ever see you in person - you’ll regret badmouthing me

Hardcore e-thuggery here.

Posts make you tough with threats!

Lawladrama!

IBTL.

Shit Izzy, I’d watch out this guy means buisness. Dont fuck with Z-roots.

Hahaha

Douche.

what an ass just change the mounts and stop crying and making threats. those mounts are very simple to change in your driveway with basic tools hell call me up i’ll change them for you and you better bring cash cuz i’ll charge you my 84$/hr door rate.

stop being an E-THUG it makes you look like a TAINT

fuckin kids.

wheres captain picard when you need him?

done

Whats with the picards? no love for lolcat?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb251/Cal-Soy/Random/cat-DrivingtodrinkFAIL.jpg