attemped theft...

Gonna talk to the neighbors today, they are all super nice and know us and the car (how could you forget a bagge Yaris with pink wheels). Seems like something spooked them, and she parked right under a street light.

Problem is that we live and park right by bidwell park, and yesterday was one of those free concerts which brings out all the trash, so some piece of shit probably noticed it and came back later.

Today I’ll be replacing all the lugs with wheel locks, filing a police report and telling the neighbors to keep an eye out.

These caps are so hard to find too :frowning:
After this they will be left off unless we are at a show or gtg or something. Might divert some attention, even though BBS is stamped on them.

No garage here either. Did opt to install a Springfield XD40 security system. No problems so far.

Sucks, but I’m sure you have proper insurance to cover them in case they are stolen.

Yea she ia double checking with her insurance to make sure the value of her wheels and air ride is covered

Sorry to hear.

I saw that stupid yaris once and fell in love with it, sorry to hear about the caps…ebay and craigslist troll for a month

Sorry to hear…my wife and I lived together on Bidwell for about 2 years. Beautiful area, but I don’t think I’d live there again. Twice my wife’s cars was broken into, and once my red MR2 was as well. Once she moved to NYC for her residency, I moved back into my house. I like it there much more anyways. Criminals go where there’s money, and the Bidwell area has plenty of it. Sometimes there isn’t much you can do in these situations.

Good luck in finding them.

You spelled “awesome Yaris” wrong. And thanks :). I love that damn thing!

I’ve been searching all over, think I tracked down a new set, but since they are discontinued by bbs they are ungodly expensive. Might buy them, then have a friend Cnc a bunch and sell them

i can say i didn’t do it :slight_smile:

get ready for higher premiums

What you did there. :tup:

I know your pain OP - “this is why we can’t have nice things.” I always tried to park by lighted areas or by my apartment window.

I also kept an immaculate, target-free interior with a couple of spent shotgun shells on the floor. Never once had even a door ding.

Her Insurance is cheap anyways, doubt it will go too much higher. She is also getting a baller alarm installed thanks to mr Hagen which gives her a insurance discount. Plus the car is paid off, so she just pays her full coverage insurance every month now.

She works hard for the nice things she buys herself, she doesn’t care if she has to pay a little more to keep it all safe and covered. 20$ more a month is way less than possibly having to spend 1200-1800 on another set of RM’s(current going rate, much much more than we have into hers$

ahhh so that explains why the east side is the safest part of the city :tif:

I dont know about that… its more about proximity, otherwise OP and East Amherst would be the crime capitals of WNY

We live in tge nicer part of the enlwood village which just so happens to be located between 2 not so nice areas: ie. The other side of grant and the other side of main. Often times those free concerts bring out all the trash because it’s free and there is tons of babes.

I think what 91mr2 meant was in terms of theft target not necessarily crime total.

As much as I am an advocate of city life there is no debating that when you live in the city even the nicest areas you are still often quite close to not nice areas and this can certainly have some carry over effect.
Sasquatch you guys are doing the right thing in getting an alarm. Maybe someday I can coax you into living in park meadow over elmwood village. We have garages and it is still close!

Happens everywhere,was told that Lancaster had like 30 vehicle break ins for the month of July.

Petty crime going up while good jobs have been harder to find. No wai!
Crime stats are not likely to improve without economic improvement, which seems far-fetched at the moment.

Move to north buffalo! Wayyyyyy better.

“we should just always call north buffalo The Italian Fest”

Bippity Boppity!!!