Attn: NYSpeed cigar buffs...

Yeah, I’ve heard the 26’s are impossible to get. Hell the '64s arent even that easy to come by. Except this little cigar shop down in key west had two boxes, which I smiled at :slight_smile:

Has anyone here had a La Aurora 100 anos?

If you really want to drop a lot of cash on smokes…or even if you don’t, check out www.cigarbid.com The prices are really good.

If you do decide to bid on something check www.cigarsinternational.com (cigarbid’s parent company) to make sure you aren’t bidding too much.

Last summer I spent about $200 a month these sites. Now I have a humidor with 200+ stogies with over a year of age on them. And I only smoke maybe 2 or 3 a month.

Oh…two more cigars that I totally forgot about but love are

Torano Exodus 1959 - more of a medium to strong cigar
Toran Casa Torano - one of my favorite mild cigars

Not to hijack this thread but how do you smoke a hookah?
I clicked on the link and found you need charcoal, what is that all about?
Is the charcoal used as a filter or do you burn it?:gotme:
It looks interesting but obviously I know nothing about it.:biglaugh:

The charcoal is used to heat/steam the tobacco which is then smoked bong style (pulled down through water) through a hose. The key is to NOT burn the shisha or else it tastes like shit.

So does the shisha go on top of the charcoal?
How does it not burn?

Shisha goes in a bowl. Cover that with tinfoil with holes poked in it. Put the charcoal on top.

Thanks.
OK back on topic.

I think I am going to start smoking pipes. I love the smell of the cherry tobacco.

Cant remember the time or station but I remember coming home later, 1-2am, from work and hearing this guy who has his own talk radio show all about cigars. It was pretty funny cause he gets all these rednecks calling in and they just sit around smoking cigars bitching about random shit.

So I know that was no help, but he has a cigar of the month type deal where you get like 5 per month. ill see if I can find it.

EDIT:

kinda expensive, funny to listen to.

You need to post a warnign about cigar bid, place is friggen addictive. You need to know your prices thou, i’ve seen people spend way too much on stuff.
The Big indian and Smoking Joe’s have great selections and great prices.

Evil Stang, I love your avatar

If you haven’t tried one yet, definitely try an Acid.

Some other stuff that I would recommend, some of its already been suggested.

-Gispert is one of the best cheap cigars I’ve ever had.
-Anything CAO (Moontrance, Mx2 etc)
-Onyx Reserve
-Any Macanudo
-Any Partagas
-Natural line made by drew estate (same as Acid)

Thanks, Cuban Punch’s rule. I believe that was a 01 Punch Punch, but it could of been a Churchill I don’t recall.

I am fine with everything except Acid. I don’t like those at all.

ISOMs are a whole new story…

PSD4’s :tup:

I’ve lost my taste for most cigars. Although I’ve been loving the clove flavoured ones I brought back from Costa Rica last year. I brought home a box of 40 I got in Tortuguero. But I only have 1 left!

Pipe >> Cigar

Just much smoother or something. :gotme: I can appreciate a good smoke, but I’m not a connoseur by any means. Haha my buddies got me a corncob pipe as a gag gift once, so I smoked with it and they didn’t believe me when I was like “dude, this is really good!” Mmm I oughta go smoke some right now. Does pipe tobacco get better with age? I’ve got a bag of bourbon flavored tobacco that’s about 5 years old and some other stuff from the Tinder Box on Transit that’s probably 4 years old.

How do you properly pack a pipe? I always have to keep re-lighting. Am I not packing tight enough?

I would imagine pipe tobacco gets better with age as long as it doesn’t get moldy or stale.

Cigars improve with age. Actually they are similar to wine in that they get better with age and they need a specific type of climate to stay preserved and age properly.

I keep my stuff in a little Cedar humidor, so it should be good now. Haha if only I wouldn’t catch hell from the woman if I smoked a pipe right now…:whip:Granted, that morning after taste in your mouth is pretty unpleasant…

Some cigars improve with age, almost all Cuban’s do, infact some arn’t even smokable till they ae 2-3 years old, mild non Cubans usually don’t get any better, only stornger non Cubans like Opus X, PAM/PAN’s, Patel Edges… and you need ot keep the right conditions 70% like you see is way off base for aging, never want to go higher than 68% and Cubans and a lot of NC’s prefer 65-66%. Keep a Perdomo at 68% and you’ll have a hard time gettign it to draww properly. Over 68 % and warmer temps and you risk beetle infestations, especially with Cubans made before 2005. No so much a problem with NC’s.

Age improves all cigars when properly kept. If you have ever smoked a cigar during the sick period you know what I am talking about.

Mild cigars will mellow even more with age and strong cigars will smooth out and not be so harsh. I try to keep my at 65 degrees 65% humidity and I haven’t had a problem.