[AUDIO] Installed Sirius Radio, but having problems

Ok so I went out and bought Sirius Radio and I have to say its pretty good. Always good music on and what not, but I am having a slight problem. The only wire you really have to run is the intenna wire and that just goes to the back, it says it should be no further than 6" from a window (which it is). When the car has just the power on, its fine. It’s only when the car is running I get that dreaded “squeel” or frequency noise coming out of the speakers. I have tried running the intenna wire up top above the doors, down low under the carpets, left & right. The problem won’t go away.

Does anyone have any ideas or expirence with this stuff?

Brock

There is a filter you can install inline on your power side that will eliminate that.

You can get it at any electronics store.

Thanks Theo. Would you happen to know the name of any of them? Sorry I am not the greatest when it comes to car audio

Brock

Which reciever did you buy?
I have XM w/audiovox reciever.
I had the same probelm too, read the instructions, moved the antenna closer too the window, and it worked fine since.

good luck dude, you’ll enjoy it. i do.

Thanks man,

I have Sirius StarMate, the antenna is about 3" or so from the rear window im gonna go move it to the center up to hopefully that works. Stern is my hero.

edit* Moving the antenna did not help. I tried searching online but its a pain. If anyone can tell me the name of that Theo is describing would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Sirius One and do not have this problem. My antenna is crambed right under my rear window (on the inside)

ps - Man I love Bubba on 101 - that guy is such a redneck.