Auto vs Manual Differences

Hey Guys,

Bear with me here, Ive searched and answered some of my questions but still have alot of unanswered ones. The main one being besides the transmisson on 95+ 240s are there any other differences between the autos and manuals? (rear end, driveshafts,etc.) And why in the world did nissan make the lower models 4 bolt while the LEs got 5 bolt hubs?!

Lastly, Ive been checking online for 97+ front end parts and the headlights come in around 400+ US! Does anyone have a better source? I have had a terrible time locating stock fenders aswell. Ive found plenty +20mm fenders but none that are stock. Is the 20mm addition up front really that significant? I really dont want a front end that looks wider than the rear.

Thanks in advance!

I have a front bumper for sale, the headlight is pretty much sold (bumper is damaged tho).
http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9865&highlight=fs+97+bumper

for more Kouki front end parts, look up a guy named Jason, he goes by S14_240sx. He can get Kouki parts cheaper than I have ever seen, but buy my front bumper, kay?

TheoK

Ya theo is right I shocked him with my headlight prices lol basicly its like 2 for 1 lol.

Yup, headlight is sold.

-deez

I don’t know this for a fact but common differences auto/manual

ECU - you can usually run a manual car on an auto tranny ECU, but not the other way around. Auto ECUs often don’t have a rev limiter. Stuff like neutral saftey switch, lock up etc. can be ignored.

Driveshaft - aut tranny ones are usually shorter, as auto trannies are usually longer.

Diff ratio - being short a gear (4spd auto to 5 spd manual) auto gear ratios are usually numerically lower. I don’t know about the S14 for sure, but if you check the firewall tag (the metal VIN tag in the engine bay) there will be a category that says TRANS/AXLE- there will be a code there that says RC41 or something similar. I’m not 100% sure, but the R is the R200 rear diff, C is the transmission designation (FS5W71C) and the 41 is the diff ratio (4.10:1). If you have an auto trans car, look for the RC?? number, and you’ll be able to tell if your diff is diff.