Avian Flu

I read a few foreign news sources to try to keep some perspective on world events… has anyone else noticed that in many parts of the world (ESPECIALLY Australia/New Zealand) they don’t believe the Avian Flu is anything? They point out that 65 people have been reported to have died. 65 people in shithole countries with poor medical care and malnourished citizens. 40,000 Americans die of plain-old flu every year. The flu medication we’ve been paying out the ass for doesn’t even immunize against the avian flu. It just lessens symptoms and “maybe” encourages mutation.

And some point out that the company we’re paying $2bil to for our flu medication stockpile has Don Rumsfeld as a major shareholder, and former chairman.

“Meanwhile Fortune magazine is reporting Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld stands to reap a financial windfall from the sale of flu vaccines. Rumsfeld is an investor in Gilead Sciences, a California company that owns the patent to Tamiflu, the influenza remedy currently the most-sought after drug in the world. Rumsfeld was Gilead’s chair from 1997 until joining the Bush administration in 2001. His stake in the company is valued at between $5 million and $25 million.”

Blanyer…It’s called the buddy system. The leader gets hired into a position of power, then hires all his friends, they jack around and screw off all day at work and make as much money as possible in the shadiest ways imaginable. Happens everyday.

Dissolve government.
Start over with parliamentary government.
Some problems solved.

for that statement “shock” value 7 actual thought involved in that statement 2

no intention to shock people. parliamentary government makes third parties more viable and shreds the two-party bullshit we go through. with two parties, you’re often voting against the other party, not really voting for your own based on their own merits.

the lesser of two evils is still evil.

realistic views > optimistic/altruistic views

i’d rather vote for the evil that will benefit me most and ‘waste’ my altruistic votes on local elections.

i’m the same way, sadly.

if a serious election is far from close, I’ll waste my vote on a third party. Local elections? Any left, or even moderate right, third-party candidate gets my vote on principle alone.

The two party system works. I don’t care to try explain my long argument here, but if you’re really curious I’ll email you a paper I wrote defending it later this week.

In short, the two party systems cuts out alot of the bullshit that European style parliamentary political systems endure.

hahahahahahahahahahaahah^2

the fact that rumsfeld is a shareholder sucks

the reason is media, they blow shit ouf proportion

we take the flu shot because the rate of mutation of different flu bacteria is too fast to keep up with, and we need something to appease our brains brainwashed by meadia…it’s depressing really if you think about it

Yes but with our people always getting flu shots and the fact that we live in the U.S its doubtful we will have any infections in the states. If it did hit though we have a lack of hospital beds and blood supplys and we also lack a vaccination large enough to prevent it. It would be rather devastating but very doubtful it’ll touch ground I already had to do a report on this damn thing at school sorry useless info but i’m bored between classes.

go read about cars, post stuff about cars

:whitey:

Shut up.

:wink:

you had to do a report on the avian flu in school?

Hmm thats interesting :rolleyes:

I hope you got an F on the paper because the crap that ran out of your mouth is rediculous. The reason these countries across the world have this issues is because they don’t have the infrastructure the US has when it comes to quarenteen protocols and facilities to handle it. If it hits the US it will be contained and fast.

They media over hypes stuff and as stated by Blanyer these deaths are due to poor health coverage in those countries ( and no I’m not talking about insurance). We go through these types overhypes every year. This, mad, cow, anthrax, monkey pox, etc. and none of it every turns into what happends over seas in asia and these 3rd world countires.

Maybe during your down time you should rethink and review what the fuck you are actually learning because its evident you not taking in shit and your wasting money.

:rofl: remember when SARS was gonna cripple asia. evertime a cold mutates 1 million asians die… maybe bc all the smart asains are doctors in america! yeah us

the ONLY reason the US has jumped on the avian flu bandwagon is to deflect bad press that the president is getting.

yes bc the media and bush are friends and care deeply about one anothers careers. :ugh:

LROFL!!!

/making shit up