B18C Build Troubleshooting

See if that place in Rochester has a TPS for ya? That cycle - recycler place…

Are you 100% positive there are no adjustment screws, that will close off the bypass holes? If they are indeed just a passage from one side of the plates to the other you could just pull off the ITB’s and pack the holes with JB weld and then smooth them off once cured.

Sounds like the TPS is shot or else the loose wire problem you reported previously is not correctly fixed. Also, I would be sure to check your input voltage and your output from the TPS with a multimeter to be sure of the values and not some odd problem with your modified ecu set-up.

Could you please clarify the changes in MAP pressure? Are you seeing more vacuum initially or after a little while when the revs go up?

There are no adjustment screw for bypass allowance, just one that adjust the relative position for each plate. They are all synchronized now and closed 100%.

The bypass holes are just a simple plate bypass…they could be JB welded easily. May do that tonight actually.

The TPS is getting the proper 5V reference with the key in ON position, signal voltage is stable and correct (.5V closed, 3.5V WOT…values added to RTP calibration map…using MAP for primary load, TPS for seconday load) When the sensor is off of the throttle shaft…it sounds like something is loose inside. It also must be wound relative to the throttle shaft a full 360 degree before it will read anything less than a full 5V. ONce wound it will make a smooth transition in increasing voltage until WOT.

THe MAP is seeing MORE vac pressure initially and it goes down as RPM goes up

Well, after some lengthy discussion with the guy that wrote RTP, we’ve got a few conclusions:

1. The TPS is shot, it should never waver like that. I cannot verify which bike or year the ITB’s are from. They are supposed to be GSXR 1000, but the castings and body dimensions (aside from butterfly size) do not match the registry. Without this TPS I am screwed…it rotates on the throttle shaft in such a way that the Honda one will not work.

2. Those little bypass holes are definately an issue, hence the rising RPM but falling vacuum readings.

3. Apparently the solid CEL means there are NO codes stored…what my datalog was bringing up are ones that are still functional, or not disabled intentionally. I was told to physically disconnect the unit, not just ask it to disconnect when retrieving codes from a datalog session.

now that makes more sense! I am sure you can bring your tps to cycle-recylcers in rochester and match up the sensor! they are a motorcylce salvage yard…those holes are a funny issue :wink: that’s weird about your datalog system…is it easily accessible at least?

was that supposed to be for me?

so are you gnna just put the gsr mani and tb on and run it and rebuild the itb’s?

a. is this your thread?
b. are you the one with the itb issues
c. you have your answer

:bigok:

im glad to see a little progrees! I like the idea of you swapping for a fresh TPS, like you said before, it shouldnt fluctate like that and is probably toast. I hope you get these working! It would suck to go through all this and just put a plain-ol manifold/tb on it.

I agree. I took them off last night and started reassembling the stock IM/TB. I’m going to tune it that way and hunt down another sensor and fill in the bypass holes. Switching back and forth is pretty easy. I need it running now, I need to get racing… I haven’t given up, and these will be worked out.

fuck yourself, and then ask yourself the same ?'s

all i said was im excited to see it run , steves a friend of mine and i wish him best of luck with getting the itb’s working , i would try to help as much as i can but i dont know jack shit about itb’s

Git er done…I wanna go for a ride finally!

:rofl:

hope you have a skinny ass…his seats are not for the horizontally challenged.

don’t you worry steven, we’ll get you back up and running. i don’t care who you have to :bj:

updates?

IM is back on, just waiting on TB and IAB gasket to show and I’m on my way. Hopefully.

I’ll try and stop down if you get some parts. LMK

hopefully these will be here today…racing is sunday :x:

IT’S ALIVE!!!

Put on the old IM/TB and everything was perfect. :doh: :hsdance:

I’ll tune it this week and make next weekends auto-X. Sweet.

Bout damn time :wink:

sweet shit, i wqas happy for you when i got your text early this morning

now all we need is a tuning appointment