b20b with type r head

Whats ur opinion on this set up?

b20b with a type r head

great… who is building it… what are you looking to do with it… if you have a type R head its a good way to go but if you dont just go with a b16 and upgrage it a lil to save money… :gotme: i dont really know what your looking for

do you plan on boosting?

depends.are you goin to boost it?
b20=thin sleeves,not very good for boost.it will be “kinda” fun with just a stock bottom end and a stock type r head

there are plenty of people boosting b20 bottom ends. they, like the d series got a bad rap because of shitty tuners.

jay that is crazy $$ just for fun …he can pick up a ls for 200 and a gsr head for like 300 and the lsvtec kit for 250 and call it a day

… now b20 ~ 400 off the head for ~100 …but typr R head ~1500… not worth it…then kit 250 (now if a b20z that you can pick up just boost that for less then it all )

Word, just build a b16 head.

x2

just do a b18c1 head/cams with an aftermarket intake mani, like an aebs typhoon or somthing

b16 head flows better then the GSR head if i remember correctly

Well im lookin at a car with that set up and yes if I do get it i plan on boosting it.

GSR flows better then b16 head but on topic. Make sure you find out what else is done to the motor and what or if its tuned for the set up it has.

who built it? was it a chop job or was it built correctly? is the bottom end stock? how much boost u plannin on running? with a b20 i wouldnt recomend much like said eariler the thinner stock cylinder walls might not be safe for much boost, if u wanna run a poor man type r set up i would u a ls bottom end myself, but thats just my opinion,do what u want and most of all what works

ahh okay…i couldnt remeber…isnt the GSR head a different cast then the b16 and type r?

i have a b20 with a gsr head. it is fun. what info are you looking for?

the guy sellin the car hasnt got back to me yet so I dont kno much about the motor at this point only what it is, He didnt list any internals done so I think its still stock, I basically just wanted peoples opinions on this setup to kno if it was even worth looking at.
So compared to a b16 or b18 the b20 isnt as good for forced induction?

thats the setup i plan on building since i have a type R head already, i plan on going N/A though. i heard that b20s are fine for boost if you get the block sleeved, otherwise theyre thinner than the b18 etc

ugh…The sleeves are one piece and crack due to the motor not being built/tuned properly.

I swore it was the other way around. Anyway, how much was it being sold for?

after discussing my plans for my del sol with a fellow board member, we decided it would be much cheaper to go with an ls over a gsr, just for the fact that it would be much cheaper. maybe justa4door can chime in, you seem to know your ish about hondas. it will get turboed, but right now im just focusing on a swap. iv got my eye on a clean shell, no engine. what sounds like the best swap/“bang for my buck” deal?