Back on 2 wheels...

So it’s been 4 years since I sold my bike and I decided it was long enough.
Signed up for the MSF here in VA and $349 bucks later I’m a licensed rider in VA. I will say, taking the course I def learned a lot that I didn’t know prior so I def recommend it to all riders new and old.

Anyways, this is a quick pic of what I’ll be picking up tomorrow:
2006 Kawasaki ZX-6r.

Anybody want to point me in the direction for cheapest insurance? I’m buying it with cash but still want full coverage. I got 2 quotes (AllState my current insurance company wanted 1200 for full coverage, and Progressive gave me a quote of 980/yr). I have 0 tickets, 0 points, etc.

so you will be riding this to my house asap, correct

looks good. get a steering damper now!

Sadly deal fell through on the above bike. Seller never got the title in his name when he bought it but yet he had filled it all out so had to pass. Luckily it was only an hour and a half drive each way…

The search continues now.

good choice, theyre failry easy to find, keep your eye open

I go through progressive. $500/yr full coverage 24 years old with tickets.

What is your deductible? I just tried to get a quote from progressive and even with a 1k deductible, 25/50k for property injury and uninsured motorist, it was still like 800/yr

$500 deductible, it might just be your location which makes it more expensive.

Make sure you get your quotes online, over the phone was more expensive for me for whatever reason. +1 for progressive.

Yeah I am lazy to call people so everything I do is online and if a rep does contact me it’s via email.

I called Progressive and they gave me that number, i just faxed them my MSF insurance card for my 10% off

I’ll try them again see what they can offer.

it’s probably a lot different down there. up here they account for the shortened riding season

Just tried Geico and got a rate of $438.90 for full coverage for the year. Yay! Well thats settled.

No way… i’ve never heard of geico being the cheapest.

Yeah it was too good to be true, I overlooked it and at the bottom that wasn’t for full coverage, they wanted 2600+ for full… sigh.

lol. thats what i thought, progressive… 480 for full coverage for me

Even after the move to Florida Will?
I just don’t get it, my record is perfect not even a parking ticket, with the MSF discount and I can’t get below like 900 for full coverage :frowning: they just hate me. lol

florida is a bit more :slight_smile:

buy my bike!