Back to I.E. I go.....

[quote=“itsJim,post:14,topic:29255"”]

Install the noscript extension for firefox and see if the problem goes away…

[/quote]

best extension ever :headbang:

it’s funny though, a website reviewed the 10 best and 10 worst FF plugins and it was on the 10 worst list :bloated:

Maybe I am just a lucky one, but i have never had any problems with IE. Its always fast and never seems to have problems with any sites. Whats the stuff that should be going wrong with mine?

i never understood why people use FF… its the trendy thing to do IMO. keep your stuff patched in IE and live happy

If you’ve ever had to use hijackthis or any anti-spyware software than you should know why most don’t use IE.

[quote=“SkunkApe,post:7,topic:29255"”]

LOL!!!

ur one to talk :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

You don’t work at LN anymore do you?

[quote=“IROC-Z,post:25,topic:29255"”]

[/quote]

I did back in 2001

[quote=“Locutus,post:23,topic:29255"”]

i never understood why people use FF… its the trendy thing to do IMO. keep your stuff patched in IE and live happy

[/quote]

:bloated:

IE blows. FF has a vast plugin library, themes, tabbed browsing (although IE just got it in version 7), spell check, ect.

I’m using ie7 at work and it just crashes randomly on some pages (must be a script issue)… firefox portable FTW :headbang:

My only issues with FF is the lack of support for embedded windows media files, but with the IE tab plugin it’s a non issue and some pages don’t seem to display correctly but haven’t seen it happen since the last release came out.

I.E always had activX issues and spyware. Very easy to hose your system when browsing with I.E.

go to about:config, filter “browser.cache” and select “browser.cache.disk.capacity”. It’s set to 50000, but you can lower it, depending on how much memory you have. Try 15000 if you have between 512MB and 1GB ram.

After all these years, my only gripe with FF is not being able to view YTMND’s.

people install like 5 million widgets in firefox, then wonder why its slow.

A couple is fine, but if you don’t need the fucking daily horoscope, then don’t install it.

whats a widget and how do you uninstall them? just curious incase i have to do that with my firefox

i have been having issues with firefox lately tooo

Okay…last night i remove firefox…deleted all related folders, removed reg keys, restarted. Same fuggin issue…teh plugins that i had installed originally stayed! if there another reg entry besides the software key? I looked under user but didnt find anything. Come on FormulaLS1, use your nerd power to help me!

Well then obviously you didn’t remove all folders if the plug ins still stuck around to haunt you :slight_smile:

[quote=“IROC-Z,post:25,topic:29255"”]

[/quote]

LOL

god no

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:35,topic:29255"”]

Well then obviously you didn’t remove all folders if the plug ins still stuck around to haunt you :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Folders from the registry? I removed the original firefox folder from program folders. All I replaced was the bookmarks file and cookies.

[quote=“Marcus,post:34,topic:29255"”]

Okay…last night i remove firefox…deleted all related folders, removed reg keys, restarted. Same fuggin issue…teh plugins that i had installed originally stayed! if there another reg entry besides the software key? I looked under user but didnt find anything. Come on FormulaLS1, use your nerd power to help me!

[/quote]

You need to get a new FF profile. I had a problem where my bookmarks got royally fucked once, and no matter how many folders I deleted, they kept coming back every install. You just need to change your user profile.

^from default to another name?

Did you try surfing the web with your shirt off?

my computer doubles in speed when I do that