Bad Experience at Tom's Souvlaki

My server did not inform me that the sweet potato fries I ordered as the potato with a dinner that comes with a potato would be charged at full price. Not only did I not receive the French fries or baked potato one usually assumes would come with the meal if the other item would be charged at full price, but a server threatened to call the police after haggling with the manager for a few minutes. Speaking with the owner later that evening, he refused to do anything about the situation. He indicated we had been billed correctly, and that his server was perfectly justified in her threat.

Never going there again.

that is reason to be irritated

wow,thats quite shitty.Police? WTF

i dont see the justification in her threat

call the police wor what crime? trying not to get jacked on your meal’s price ?

any restraunt out there will let you make reasonable substitutions while keeping the price the same for the overall meal, $3 fries in place of a $3 potatoe is just fine because they are the same value when ordered seperatly, and the same general amount of work

i woulda told them to call the police, then asked them if its really worth having customers pass by instead of come in to eat when they see a cop car parked out front and an officer standing there mediating a disagreement in the dining area

if they lost just 2 customers because of it, they would loose more $ then if they just handled your bill properly

EDITED_ for drunk sarcasm.

lol who fucking cares, what was the meal 10 dollars?! you goto a shitty place you’re going to get shitty service…

you want to be pampered go spend 50+ on a plate of food.

gotta agree on this one

I remember similar situations at Toms. The one server is whacked. I wonder if she still works there?

I’m guessing the other half of the story is something like

Maybe? Just a little?

And I’m really disappointed that OP has a Hyundai Elantra listed in his profile. I really had him pegged for an F body. :tdown:

lol you are full of f-body rage today!

Throw a rock through their window

Yeah, but it’s an elantra with "CAI, Catback, Tiburon rear sway bar, ".

Biased: we eat there once a week or so (usually a weekend breakfast).

Sweet potato fries are like ~$3
Home fries are like ~$1.30

Yea, you’ll get billed the difference. ALL $1.70 OF IT, ZOMG!!

Stick to the fucking dollar menu, at least the “server” there can check out your sweet elantra.

:picard:

Haha naw I’m actually in a pretty good mood. Hence the sarcasm.

solution…go to altons, toms sucks

i also will never eat there again

yawn. boring…

hahaha the cheapness in this thread is hillarious

no matter how fucking hard you cheapasses pinch that penny its never going to turn into a diamond.

where is this place… I wanna go there and be a total asshole… hopefully gettting my food spit on… and not eating it… cause its not the right temperature…

personally i would have asked about it… but not cared if they did what not… but I don’t exactly look like scum like I’m sure the OP is… so they may want my business in the future…

or maybe i would just forcibly touch the waitress