bad huiccup at high rpm?? need imput

ok were talking an 03 WRX here
Modded
engine management is utec

i don’t know every mod off the top of my head

Situation: top of the RPM between 5k to 6k (redline is set at 6.7k) it hiccups with almost a complete loss of power. boost gadge(sp) stays steady when it happens and dosen’t really move. now it dosen’t happen all the time. and when it does it’s only under WOT.

checked the plugs took fine just a little rich
fuel pump is a walbro 255 unit
injectors are STi pinks
boost is set to 19 psi

any ideas anyone??

whats the gap on the plugs? also how rich do you think it is? if its rich enough THAT could be the actuall problem…when mine was rich it hickupped like MFing crazy about 4500rpms…just my $.02

i would guess its either rich or maybe fouling the plugs

i had that problem…and it was my maf… ask jnj or badass…it was bad…

plus my af was in the 10s…fuel was spitting out

igniter
coil
plugs

sounds very similar to the problems i had with my deuce

it wouldnt be a MAF problem…that would cause the car to not idle initially, and then once the computer relearned that the MAF was farked, it wouldnt run properly at all times

definitely an ignition problem

plugs definatley aren’t fouling
i’ll have to take a look at his fuel map and see what it looks like for myself

Plugs might just need replacing. Mine “hiccups” every so often, and it will only get worse. Last time I just changed out the plugs, and it has run great for a while and now it is coming back slowly. Time to change them again. I’m using NGK Coppers and they only seem to last for about 6k. Mike used to change his every 3k.

edit:my plugs last change came out looking fine, and weren’t fouled either.

i thnk it’s gunna end up being a case of replace things one at a time from most likley and cheapest to most expensive and most unlikley

thanks for the imput guys