Bad Sensor???

Quick back story is that my car was stalling and the concensus was that i had to clean out the throttle body very thoroughly to put it simple. I did that and put it all back together and my car doesn’t stall anymore when i put it in neutral but when I start driving and then come to a light and throw it into neutral it sits at like 1500 rpms then, if I don’t give it enough gas in low rpms it begins to jerk really bad, lastly when i am cruising it rides fine except the fact that while im trying to keep my speed i let off the gas and hit it as needed but each time i do either it still jumps a little just when i press or let go, appreciate the help as always. THanks.

I talked to some people from auto zone and checker auto parts about the sensors on the throttle body and they seem to think that its the throttle positioning sensor… any more ideas?

Easy enough, just swap on a different TB and see whats up. Does it throw any codes?

It’s been throwing a code since i did the swap, it showed it was the IAT sensor this past summer so i replaced it but the light didn’t go off, i checked it again after and it was still the code for the IAT sensor so its been on since then, I haven’t checked it since this happened but I’m going to today or tomorrow… I just don’t know if it will be accurate… But it can’t hurt to check i guess.

kinda sounds like a vaccum leak

Got the sensor being shipped to me and gonna try and run the code/s tomorrow to see what it comes up with. Thanks for the help, will update after I get more info or get the sensor installed…

there are definately vacuum leaks with this car. the “black box” isnt connected/being used, and the vacuum lines that are supposed to go to it are all disconnected…the ports are broken off into the lines. i noticed that when helping him do the swap. however, he never got a new black box that i know of which he shoud do and then throw the stock GSR computer back in(p72)

I know i gotta get that part, but my point was the car was running fine without it when i first got it so i dont think thats the problem right now, but im gonna see if I can’t find the part this weekend…

but it WASNT running fine without it. you know that. the car was acting finicky all along, esp. when i was messing around w/ the vacuum lines and how bad the idle would surge.

:ham:

that is all