Barry Bonds to Boycott Hall of Fame

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21586470/

“I don’t think you can put an asterisk in the game of baseball, and I don’t think that the Hall of Fame can accept an asterisk,” Bonds said. “You cannot give people the freedom, the right to alter history. You can’t do it. There’s no such thing as an asterisk in baseball.”

I really have no opinion on baseball. I dont care for it. However, I think that Barry Bonds is absolutely right. I know this is a “Cutty” type thread so ill see where it goes then post again

Jimmy

i dont’ blame him either. i wouldn’t want the asterisk on a peice of history.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/SMullett/msbonds.jpg

On First Take this morning, That was the exact point they made. If they allow this asterisk ball into the Hall of Fame then they should label Babe Ruth as an alcoholic and Ty Cobb as a racist. Its small pieces of history that have been forgotten to us because those men are not from our era. I also believe that media has blown this steroid scandal or whatever you want to call it way out of proportion. I believe Barry Bonds and many other professional sports players have used steroids. However, We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Barry Bonds has yet to be proven guilty so he shouldn’t be labeled as guilty by the hall of fame.

Lol^

:rofl:

Oh Please, thats a disgrace. So what if Ruths a alcoholic or Cobbs racist when do those factors help you win games? Never, if anything it would impair your judgment.

Fuck bonds… (even though I have his rookie card, signed… geah)

[QUOTE=starboy;629242

Fuck bonds… (even though I have his rookie card, signed… geah)[/QUOTE]

shiiiiiiiiiit i be thats worth some bucks

What about the unnamed pitchers, that threw to bonds, that were using steroids or the unnamed outfielders that caught balls that could have been hits?? How about the players that used steroids to help win games and championships?? how does that not effect the game’s history?

exactly, thats why Baseball is the most f*cked up sport right now.
dont get me wrong Im sure it happens in alot of sports but for some odd reason its exploding in baseball.

so agreeing with me there. What about this:

In football, People turn an almost blind eye to steroids use. Players get a few game suspension and fine then its all forgotten. I mean Shawn “lights out” Merriman was caught using DECA and then went on to win defensive player of the year???

Honestly, Does it not shock people that 275lb linebackers can run 4.3 40yards dash times?? Thats fucking insane. Im sure STEROID use is so much more widespread in the NFL than any other sports but so some reason the organization and people do not seem to care.

x2

Because its baseball, why do baseball players need to be taking roids? Its not like a 275lb linebacker is b-lining it for first base.

You swing a piece of wood, proceed to run around a diamond. And pray you dont get hit with a ball. <-Where does roids even add into that?

I know what you mean. People have been hitting baseballs as far as they do today since the 1800s. The same people that played the game back then could easily play it today.

In the NFL, there is no way the players of the 1950s or 1960s could compete in todays NFL.

You know what it is… its all the damn hormones injected in food now a days… :dunno:

I did a report on Milk. I know it sounds retarded BUT those cows are given IGF1 which is essentially Growth Hormone. IGF1 in cows is the same as it is in humans. So some of that growth factor finds its way into the milk we consume on a regular basis. Which means that some people are ingesting a “steroid” without even knowing it.

HAHA, I love that one. Is it PS or real?

I disagree with the asterisk, but at the same time, everyones knows he did it, he’s just better at hiding it than most, so maybe he should be rejected from baseball completely based on popular opinion.

you cant tell that’s photoshopped?

the perception of babe ruth as a fat drunk slob like in the movie is soooo wrong… infact that last game at forbes field when he hit all those homers he also had a single and he ran from 1st to third on a hit and his picture was in the paper sliding into thrid cleats up… so that notion he was dying on the field was history wrong. now if you wanna call ruth a drunk you might as well call them all drunks… you should see how many empty cases of beer are outside the lockers rooms every night…how many players are drinking at the club every night.

look the hall didn’t asterik the ball but if bonds wants to not go in becasue of it… GOOD!!! if the guy was ONLY a cheater it would be one thing… but he’s not… he’s always been the bad guy. sammy, mac, strawberry, gooden…they were all cheaters in some way but they never acted the way barry does. barry is not an ambasordor of baseball he’s done more to hurt the sport than help it… he’s turned people off of it… the people that came to baseball because of him will fade away from it. he was a great hitter and didn’t need to do it… he would only have been remembered as a great player that was a jag-off but now he’s gonna be rememberd as a cheater too.

all barry is doing is saving face for when they don’t elect him on his first ballot. the apple clearly doesnt fall far from the tree. bobby bonds was on like 8 teams in an era when it was unheard of…he was clearly a club house cancer.

i dont care what barry bonds does anymore. i hope he fades away… but i’m sure hes saying that becasue he wants attention… no one talked about him the rest of the season after the record was broke.

here is the REAL sign anyway