battery relocation kit

I installed one about a month or so ago. But I just heard that I have to properly vent the battery box so it doesnt explode in my trunk. Is this true, and if it is whats the proper way to vent it?

Im pretty sure you do need to vent it, not quite sure how. Why do you need a relocation kit for your car?:confused:

Originally posted by VictorSmalls
Im pretty sure you do need to vent it, not quite sure how. Why do you need a relocation kit for your car?:confused:

preperation for futrue mods;)

Originally posted by 97GrandAMLD9
preperation for futrue mods;)

like what RWD?

lol no, just to make room in the engine bay for stuff.

u dont have to vent it cause its in ur trunk!!!only if its in ur passenger conpartment!!

Originally posted by Pewterss
u dont have to vent it cause its in ur trunk!!!only if its in ur passenger conpartment!!

thanks!!!

anyone know if an optima battery has to be in a sealed or unsealed box, vented???

hatchback

Originally posted by Juice_man86
anyone know if an optima battery has to be in a sealed or unsealed box, vented???

hatchback
They are dry cell…

What about a sunbird cause i am getting an intake that i have to relocate it to the trunk.

Plus also, where can you get the conversion kit?

Originally posted by sunhawk08
What about a sunbird cause i am getting an intake that i have to relocate it to the trunk.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :itr41: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by sunhawk08

please tell me your fuckin around? cause thats a new one. thats like how much turn signal fluid do i need?

www.summitracing.com

hold up though…

u you move battery to rear, and there is no back seat–i.e. straight shot through from driver to batter w/ no metaL IN THE WAY–THEN IT NEEDS TO EB SEALED IN A BOX…that means that the black marine box that summit gives u in the kit is not legal. Morosso’s box is legal. As far as venting it,rubber hose that goes into battery box, and drill a hole in floor and stick other end through it so it goes outside the car.

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
hold up though…

u you move battery to rear, and there is no back seat–i.e. straight shot through from driver to batter w/ no metaL IN THE WAY–THEN IT NEEDS TO EB SEALED IN A BOX…that means that the black marine box that summit gives u in the kit is not legal. Morosso’s box is legal. As far as venting it,rubber hose that goes into battery box, and drill a hole in floor and stick other end through it so it goes outside the car.

I have it in the trunk. I drilled a whole in the fire wall, ran the wire threw there (then sealed it with silicon) ran it under the kick panel by the door to the back behind my rear seat and into the trunk. then drillied a hole in the trunk floor and ran a the ground to a bolt on the body (sealed that hole with silicon) its in a marine black box.

So should i vent it?

vent it. however…if u race w/ back seat out, then shit willbe illegal as box is not approved…