LVD Tech w/ sealed battery in trunk

Anyone know how LVD is regarding a sealed (yellow top) battery in the trunk? Does it have to have a kill switch? and does it have to be in the rear or can I put it under the hood (at the connection I make for the relocation)? I want to relocate the battery to the trunk on my STi but its still a street car and I’m not going to mount a shut off switch in my bumper.

Go to there website , I think it needs to have a kill switch near batt

Kill switch must be near the battery. Yes it does have to be in the rear.

Damn… may have to rethink my plans then…

Just do a brail battery in stock local , small and no b/s required man . In the end Prolly cheaper than a remote setup in the end .

or do a fake kill switch like atleast one member of this forum did.

The relocate wasn’t going to cost me much at all. I have the 1/0 wire and fuse holders. I was just going to use the factory tray and bolt it down to give me a tray and hold downs. I may end up going with a smaller battery. It was mainly just to help clean up the bay a little bit since I don’t plan on doing a ton of autocrossing… so the weight distribution really isn’t all that important.

Even a sealed batt requires use of a sealed box with a ouside vent .

you could try a light weight battery and mount it like this guy. (fyi the battery doesnt vent while charging so dont say its stupid to put it in the cabin)
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=33486439&postcount=73

It is stupid and won’t pass tech in a cab

I have thought about that, but that would be the same issue. And in the event of overcharging or an accident, the battery would vent into the cabin.

oh well then. i guess it is dumb. ive got mine in the engine bay anyways.
lvd tech inspection is a joke too. they ask if anything is done to the car, i just say i have an exhaust or something and they wave me on by.

This yr there cracking down , bolt ons are nothing to worry about but mods like safety shit need to be looked at .

Its not that big of a deal to me to relocate it. The FMIC piping will fit fine (its a little tight, but it will work). If anything I can always clean out other things in that area and turn the battery 90* to clean it up.

How much 0 ga ya have ? I’m doing a relocate for mine lol

well its not true 1/0 gauge. I knew that I realistically only needed 2awg at most so to save some money I ordered the cheaper 1/0 awg wire. The cheaper power kits / power wire tends to have the insulation of a good quality 1/0 but the true inner wiring is normally 1 size smaller than what it is advertised for. So I was able to get 50’ of true 2ish awg wire for $70 rather than spending $200-$300 for higher quality 2 awg wire.

Ahhhhh , I need a fat wire to spin my setup and how far I need to run it .

bmw’s come with un"sealed" batteries in the trunk. I’ve never had an issue.

I have battery in trunk. New wires girth is size of slowmarros penis.

what about a truck i was going to mount mine in the bed by the cab and fuel cell. same goes?