Bc racing coilovers

Wish I had a damn input on this topic…yet I’m stilllllll waiting for my HSD’s.

HSD’s = Prada?

They damn well better be the best god damn coils ever made for this wait.

wat?

if you are referring to the one batch of stance that had bad top bearings that was more than a year ago and all claims were satisfied…

i run stance in both of my cars without issue other than one set had the top bearing issue when i bought them. i drive my car through winter with the coilovers, do no maintenance, and they are still going strong.

megan’s brand positioning is self-evident and their coilovers are probably the best selling coilovers in the past 3 years in north america for our cars.

stance is spec’d and positioned above the megans in terms of features. you pay a bit more for inverted front dampers (which these particular BC coilovers do not have) etc.

moreover, all new products (BC et al.) have to launch with a lower price point until they gain acceptance. When they do gain acceptance the price will reflect the brand premium. Stance and Megan have both increased in price since thier initial launch… advertising in magazines costs money afterall :wink:

you can get in early and save a few bucks but also know that if there are any difficiencies in the product that they will show up on yours but not subsequent batches after any issues would be fixed… likely at a higher price too.

this happened with D2 and other shit… you guys remember when you could get D2’s brand new for $750 around here? i must have had 6 sets myself and sold dozens… how easily we all forget eh?

hahah…
There is no doubt that megan racing is still the best coilover on the market value for money. Just as an example, megan has allready sold over 20 sets of coils for the new gtr, no other company has done that.
If 2009 gtr owners are happy with the value for money, i dont see an issue with them.
Yes these will be cheaper then megans in the long run.

Bing, you have a point. D2’s were much cheaper in the past, Megans price has never changed, it just adjusted in canada with the USD just like everything else has.

I always wait 6 months to a year before i buy 50-100 sets of anything, i did this with megan, and i am doing this again with BC just to make sure that no one i sell to is one of the guinea pigs.

I will let the guys in the US deal with that, ill go in balls deep once i’m sure of the product, and more importantly the way the company backs their own product in case of any claims !

Not trying to bash Stance but that’s the problem…it was much more expensive and people still had to deal with this stuff.

The funniest thing about all this is that 4/5 people that bought Stance coilovers probably can’t and don’t know any difference compared to a Megan or even a D2. They just buy it because of all the hype that Stance is the next best coilover.

And now we have HSD…

It’s just all marketing in my opinion. Kinda like how LCD TV’s were 60hz…and then 120hz came out…and now 240hz. But really, I think we are all well informed enough to know that it’s just a marketing gimmick.

It’s just my opinion btw. In the end, it’s whatever works best for you.

yeah, your car is slow though, so you should have megans… :wink:

how did your megan tie rods go? was it the marketing that blew the outters?

I may disagree on your TV theory, in any case 1080P is a marketing gimmick.

Oh boy…here we go!

DING DING

sits and mowes down on some popin corn

Well, when you track your car a lot and you do go off course, things break. Not just those. :slight_smile:

And I believe 1080p is a resolution…not sure how it’s a gimmick. It just means 1920x1080.

I’m going to disagree, 1080i IS a marketing gimmick tho, when I bought a LCd the guy explained to me that 1080i is counting every other line of pixels or something like that so 720p would be equal to 1440i, which is higher resolution, get what I’m saying?

You can actually see the difference between 1080i and 1080p…especially if you’re gaming, a friend of mine showed it to me on his 1080i tv…you do see all the lines when you quickly move up and down.

Either way, I’m waiting for some techguru to come in here and school everyone…

i have been running megan coils for 3-4 years now no problems… they have gone through three winters now, been bouncd off a curb.(more like drove over) still no leaks ride great… well as good as any track coilover would be… only problem i have have is one seized bracket… which i cut off and bought the extend ones.
so if they are anything megans meh i say go for it…
or feel free to lower ur car with tv’s

lol 10/10

I lowered my car with tv’s before, did a burn out and blew the tube.

I would try the bc racing coilover.

nobody games in 1080i anyways.

720p>1080i

and the difference between 720p and 1080p from more than 5-8 feet away is negligible.

Lol. this thread is awesome.

I need a new TV.

Cable companies are JUST switching over to 720p, it will be a LONG time into it’s broadcasted in 1080p.