Best Oil Filter for Spec V

Hey guys, I was wondering what you’re all using for oil filters. I used to use Fram, but

was informed that they weren’t the greatest, so I switched to Quaker State…

I’ve also heard that the OEM Nissan one’s aren’t the greatest either, so what’s everybody using?

Who ever told you that is on crack.

OEM is the only way to go

Agreed… I use the OEM ones.

OEM … something about that baby blue

OEM is what I use as well. If it’s good enough for a VQ, it’s good enough for my QR. :E

Baby blue? My OEM ones are white. :?

white here too. I use OEM, some cracker put a K&N one on my car (I think we all know who that is) Damn are those things small, OEM is damn good

Yeah mine is white with a Big Renault log on it… Oh your talking about the Spec V :finga: OEM FTW

Personallly. But remember, I drive honda products.

OEM
Nippon
Hamp

Those are the only 3 brands I use. Stock is likely the best choice, because that is what nissan specs for your engine.

Baby blue? My OEM ones are white. :?[/quote]

sorry some of us have the larger style… the blue one… its 93 so it wont be the same as yours 2000+

homemade haha jk, speaking of which i should get an oil change!

Purolator filters are supposed to be of excelent build quality and have alot of filter media inside. I use them cause I can get them for $5!

Sorry to bump a old thread but I had been looking for this artical back when this thread was origionally started but I couldn’t find it.

http://www.ntpog.org/reviews/filters/old_filters.shtml

Hopefully you guys find it interesting.

Interesting…

Good find.

i use a mazda filter hahahahaha

they forgot to add the purolator filters into that test. alot of people think they are the best!