Bimmer, Benz, or Jaguar?

So just a small rant here…

Since i bought my jag i couldnt be happier with it.

Ive only had one problem, a verrrrry slight vibration in the front pass side of the car. Come to find out the wheel is bent. I brought it back to keeler and they had the wheel straightened for me, gave me a 2011 C300 4matic to drive for the day.

Still didnt fix the problem, i called and complained and they scheduled another service appointment for me to bring the car back and chase down the vibration since “theyre confident that the wheel that was straightened is back to spec or they wouldnt have put it on the car”

Showed up yesterday for my appointment and they spent 2 hours going over every inch of the cars braking, suspension, wheels/tires…
They determined that the car is 100% perfect EXCEPT my front drivers side wheel and rear pass side wheel is also “slightly” bent…FML

Theyre going to have these wheels “straightened” today and gave me a 2011 BMW 3sereies with x-drive for a loaner car last night as i had to leave my jaguar at keeler.

This still doesnt fix the problem that i can absolutely 100% tell that the vibration is coming from the front pass side. The service advisor im dealing with’s name is Mike and he seems to really be fighting for my customer satisfaction, but the service and used car sales manager are giving him a tough time. He said once i get the car back either later today or friday morning, drive it and see if the vibration is gone (which it wont be) and we’ll go from there. He agreed that the only step left is to replace the front pass wheel. Hopefully thats what will happen.

ANNNNYYWAYYS…

sorry to get off topic but this thread is to kind of get you fellow members who have driven such car’s thoughts.

My jaguar is a 2005 S-type R, for those of you who may not know me. It has 40kmi +/-… All except this wheel/tire issue this thing cant be any closer to mint.

Ive driven a 2011 c300 a 2010 c300 and a 2009 e350 benz. Ive also driven a 2006 535i (i think) and a 2011 328i.

The benz/bimmer’s just dont even come close in comparison to my car. And theyre all newer with similar msrp’s!!!

I know there’s lots of bmw fanboi’s on here, and to be honest the bmw’s ive driven ( i know none of them were any special bmw but all expensive cars none the less) have been the least impressive. Very cheap, poorly designed interiors, a nice ride with an excellent exterior appearance, but things in the standard equipment are highly lacking.

Whats you’re opinions, on the cars, on keelers service, on what i should do about it? Anything…im just bored at work and im sure some of you are as well.

u drive a top of the line used jag. now get in a newer m3 or 335i coupe and tell me they are cheap.

i drove a 535 annnd an e350. BOTH were less of a car than my jaguar.

i def see what your saying, but my Jag isnt even top of the line, i guess you could call it the top of the middle class jaguar (of its time)

i drive a top of the line 99 jimmy, well almost top of the line…it has cloth instead of vinyl(aka jimmy leather)

/thread

lol u fucker…

well this thread sucks. i thought some guys would chime in, seemed like a good topic of discussion

I can agree with you on this one.
My cousin drives a brand new 3xx awd and its not as nice as my uncles jag (same as yours, i think- possibly a little newer?)

Now tell me it’s nicer then the 2011 S-line you drove

I drove Sbardys 335i and that thing is night and day from a 328 or even 330

I have no experience with BMW’s, but my brothers e46 is a relic.

lol it was a 2009…but id say the jag is about on par with it. The audi was def better than the benz + bmw’s

yeah im sure it is…like i said i know theres better models out there obviously. I just expected a little more out of a $45k+/- line of cars.

but yours new was like 45k no?

audi s4 > all :thumbup

I had the same 2011 328xi loaner(stock with no options), they suck all around… You can’t compare the 328xi to a 335xi, or better yet a 335i. The difference in the 335i and 335xi is also huge, the xi feels soo heavy and doesn’t handle nearly as well. Not to mention the xi sits like a monster truck.

That’s just me though…

dont quote me but im fairly sure mine was like $65k new.

yeah i guess thats what i was looking for…i wanted to know if they were all this basic or if you had to buy a 740 to get a comparable car out of a bmw.

i havent had the priveledge to drive any other bmw’s and ive always heard such great feedback

Different strokes? If you’re just rating interior quality, I’d probably agree with you. (BTW, no one’s going to make a joke about an interior quality thread by a guy named after a Corvette? ;))

Most BMW fanbois enjoy the cars because of the way they drive, which, in my opinion, is second to none in their price range and I’ve also driven many. If that’s not something you care about/want/can appreciate/whatever, then pick something else. Car purchase is subjective.

Base 3 series are all junk.

My moms 650CI feels like the 100K car it is. Hauls ass too.

:confused:

Every car is junk.

Only problem with a 6 series is, it’s becoming a escalade in the aspect of every person I see driving them is black.

Yea, definitely. That and the earlier ones were electrical nightmares.

I’m not impressed how any of them drive really(bmw,audi,lexus,mercedes)… drove em all, I would still take my car over any of em in all categories. my only complain is the bullshit paint they used to try and be economically friendly…

Never drove a Jag though, and I cant say I went over the 50,000 msrp tag on any of the other cars neither.