BINGS '09 Wrap-up / Discussion Thread

i don’t know i was in the champane hatch with the 3 spoke wheels in back following the miatia cause at the round about we continued straight when we were supposto turn left aparently

First year for me too.

Everything went well, although it would be awesome if the cruise went on the highway (which I thought it did after seeing the '08 video), or was just generally longer.

Other than that it was awesome!

Coles notes: If you aren’t feeding the Bing Family your not welcome. The meet really has nothing to do with doing something good for the community.

Its all about the moniezzzzz!

Quit bitching and just charge a $20 entrance fee like Dano said.

Its more then fair.

All profits would go into the club obviously minus what the resturant needs for income on the day.

We were glad to help Binger
Will do it again in the future and be more heavily involved.

I agree 100%

Bing, I’m glad you mentioned the shortage of people to Mike, Varun and myself because we wouldn’t have stayed otherwise - as you can see from the reception in the thread and our response - all you need to do is ask.

People aren’t aware of these types of things.

Charge $20 preregistration for the event, $25 if you show up and pay at the entrance.

Give everyone something small to take home with them (son lanyards?) and $20’s will be flying your way.

Now that is an idea that I believe would intrigue more interest in coming.

Not saying the meet is not exciting. Yet, it could be more exciting.

Everyone I told about the awards asked what place I came in, what I got yadda yadda. Not to say there should be 1st 2nd and 3rd awards. Yet, at least announce it?

Shirts…Son shirts, I would rock the fuck outta a black one. Specially for work. Stickers? Who knows. Some people want to take shit home you know? Bring in more revenue. There is so much we can all do to make this shit insane.

If there must be deadlines and strict guidelines and rules. So be it.

A big factor in this meet was the short notice. As well as the fact that a lot of people (I am assuming) panzied out due to the inclement weather.

Better planning and more commitment would yield insane results.

Just thinking about this… alternatively you could do something like $12 to get in and an $8 buffet. That helps to keep everyone happy.

Bing, I honestly think that $20 just to get in is extremely reasonable.

My 2 cents.

^I agree

Nobody said it’s $20 “just to get in”

It’s $20 and EVERYTHING is included.

thanks for the feedback guys…

i’ve unapproved a couple posts for obvious reasons… sarcastic or not, no one works for free. If you guys can find another venue that will be this accomodating in a region where the MTO and OPP won’t be salivating at the ticket revenue around the corner you let me know and we’ll make it happen.

as for better planning and communication i agree 100%, but it only amplifies the fact that people don’t work for free and that G, Mike and I have major commitments otherwise…

i was very happy to see the amount of support this year, unfortunately i have to run everything somewhat autocratically. It’s really not my style and i am sorry if i come off like a jerk but it’s better than not getting the things done that need to get done.

But Bing doesn’t care about your 2 cents. He wants your $20. :wink:

Either way, there’s lots of great ideas and I’m sure it will be even better next year.

LoL Mark.

I still think 20 to get in is fine. due to the restaurant needing an income.

dont like it. dont come

x2

If ppl dont want to eat at the restaurant and you arnt making money …

Then keep it closed on the day off - All thats really needed is just the lot for parking. im sure ppl can make their own eating arrangements

Are you fucking kidding me? You guys don’t get it.

I want some of you guys to think long nad hard about what you’re saying.

The restaurant is OPEN on that day… your suggestion to keep it closed is remarkably retarded.

The notion that a business will just allow 100 cars and 150 people to ‘hang-out’ for the day is equally retarded.

Ask your parents why we cant just have the meet on their property then…

If thread continues to deteriorate like this i’ll put a stop to it.

I don’t own or have any affiliation to the restaurant other than being related to the owners. I’ve never made a single dollar off of the buffet and never will.

Well, Bing. Some of us are giving decent suggestions. Quit focusing on the bullshit ones. No point. You/all of us have an entire year to produce options and ideas.

Most of us understand that the restaurant is open, as it should be. Which in turn means that there MUST be an income for them to even hold the event.

I still stand on the $20 idea. Now, however. Only if you are parking for the day. it only makes sense. Try to cram more cars towards the back leaving space for business.

my bad … i thought the restaurant stayed opened only to accommodate the meet.

yeah sorry guys… i got a bit figgity there for a second… lol

i dont see any harm in 100 cars hanging out in the parking lot of a restaurant that your parents own and belong to a club that you run.

Its just for a few hours and 1 day a year.

If the restaurant is loosing funds because of the parked cars then i suggest that all those parking in the front ( that could be taking up potential spots of regular customers) be made to buy the lunch.