Blizzard 2022 Thread

Pretty gnarly

1 Like
3 Likes

Well the atmosphere is quite different this morning waking up in Wheatfield. Finally got a decent amount of snow overnight and some huge drifts.

It’s worse today than it was yesterday, this is nuts.

“It’s beginning to look a lot like fuck this…”

If it was a true emergency I MIGHT be able to push through this with the snow tire equipped Enclave but my first trial push went about 50’ before the snow plowing stopped me. Just backed up in my tracks and put it back in the garage since I was only checking to see if the road was passable in case there was an emergency on my street. Take it easy clearing snow because help definitely can’t get to you right now.

^My neighbors little Encore has been stuck like that since last night. If I see them try and dig it out today I’ll go out and give them a hand. First they’ll need to clear their driveway so they have somewhere to put it.

1 Like

All quiet in the southtowns…for now.

1 Like

I finnally had to fix the blower.

Mice made a nice nest in their and jammed up the gears.

Then i had to pull the towels out.
Only to later find a crate and some tarps my wife left in the driveway for a surprise.

Just snowblowed my drive. Street hasn’t been touched and power lines are down all along my street

a partner of mine’s wife’s cousin works in the ER at Buffalo General…

“Leslie’s cousin works in the ER at Buffalo General hospital. Ambulances can’t get to anyone. People are literally dying in their homes.”

hahaha… go to the 9:35 mark at the end…

My SIL is a nurse, stuck at mercy in South Buffalo and hasn’t left since Friday afternoon.

I had waist deep snow on my front steps, and currently chest deep snow on my street. But it’s all drifting. I can see grass in my back yard, lol.

Watching SUVs drive down my street and stop in front of my house… Then throw it in reverse when they realize it’s over the hood, lol

Hoaks Restaurant on Rt 5. Pretty standard for them.

There fact that Buffalo has no snowmobiles is going to be a discussion for another day.

I think we need a “Cajun Navy” style group of snowmobile responders.

Looks like transit road looking north:

20221225_141208

My dad got it bad. In Clarence. There’s three feet in the street still. Once it get cleared I gotta figure out how to clear that out.
Conversely I got nothing again in northern Niagara. I can see my lawn.

1 Like