blown turbo thoeries

I think everyone is too quick to blame the turbo. User error should be added to the list of theories.

gah. one N in tuned. anyways.

:word:

lol:

i was driving the car around for a week before it was tunned

:ham:

and what user would that be? oh so 1337 one?

its the tuners fault… its always the tuners fault

no its not, it has nothing tood w/ the tuner.

you have no idea what you’re talking about.

i have tuned 100’s of cars, and from my experience its always the tuners fault

That’s great news. I’d say you’re very lucky.

You didn’t hear the clicking until we started tuning part throttle in your car because before that you could barely limp the car around. This is also why it never made the noise when you revved it in neutral. There isn’t enough load to spin the turbo up enough. Your air/fuel at cruise was 17:1-19:1 before I tuned the car so I know the car couldn’t build load without misfiring, detonating, and cutting out.

i am just hoping that it doesnt happen again…

i told you!

Well Adam, when you get your new turbo if you need a new downpipe and wastegate dumptube made to fit the setup properly we can help you out :slight_smile: This way you can cross of improper fitment of parts as a possible cause.

Thanks, i belive teh downpipe is fine, but the dump pipe is defently not. i have to talk to jeff and see what he wants todo.

I knew it was dangerously lean just from hearing him try to drive it before tuning, but I was surprised how bad it was at idle and very light throttle too. Pretty scary stuff.

Dr. Dos:

1. Make sure all the housing bolts are torqued evenly and to spec.
  2. Don’t use a pry bar or other excessive force to install the turbo or any of the pipes it is attached to and the housings won’t be misaligned.
  3. You have the phone number to get a new BOV spring.

Take care of those things and you should be in good shape. I didn’t know you hacked your BOV spring until you called me today to ask about getting a new one. In the future if you know something like that is hacked up or ghetto rigged, it’s important for your tuner to know these things.

-Mike

Yea just got off the phone w/ the US distro for turbosmart… he is ordering me a new spring.

Thanks for the info and heads up :tup:

this is one of the reasons why i liked the idea of just slapping a supercharger on my car and calling it a day. Turbos require a lot of tuning and attention and that sucks 10-fold when it’s a higher-end, luxury car.

Dos, you’ve made me feel better about my supercharger/turbo decision. Hope you get it running properly. Spend the extra time to make sure it’s done right the first time. Don’t go putting a pry bar or hammer to things to make it fit.

prob loose from the beginning

blown turbos? wheres aimen?

Don’t use a pry bar or other excessive force to install the turbo or any of the pipes

:lol:

lol

wow dude, welcome to the bad luck club. Team Murphy’s Law 4L.

I hope everything works out… I see alot of good advice on here. I’d goto hybrid for the Fab/Install of said new parts then have Mike retune it.

roflol @ this thread

how much do you have into this car and how much do you still owe on it

lol