BMW 325xi or Audi A4?

[QUOTE=AMD IS THE BEST;777760]You are seriously retarded and full of shit. There is no way a salesmen trying to sell his car would admit to something as false as that statement unless it was pure sarcasm.

This whole thread is retarded. OP have your girlfriend drive both cars and have her decide for herself. Both cars will require maintenance, if you don’t like that buy a Honda moped.[/QUOTE

I didn’t just ask to see who like which one but to get ideas of problems that might happen with either also. Again, I know NOTHING about these cars and honestly don’t like em personally

I hear ya man. There are just too many opinions and biases people on here. I obviously like Audi and I am not pushing anything. I can’t comment on the year range that you are looking for because I have not owned nor even been in one however I have heard about the cam issue/high pressure fuel pump issues. I would take NED’s info into consideration being that he owns one and he is being honest about his issues with the car. However, had he known about the common issues with the car and then had the cam follower replaced beforehand he would have avoided a TON of costly repairs.

The rest of the goons in here constantly going back and forth with OPINIONS need not apply.

That being said and unrelated to specifics, I own two Audi’s one coming in a 20 years old and over 230,000 miles that would prob give most of these idiots a run for their money. True, not stock but the engine is. On top of that the interior has held up and there isn’t rust anywhere on the car. Ture, it could have just been well maintained but I think there is something to be said for the manufacturer as well. The S4, I wish I could say the same… It’s broken but unfortunately it was user error (money shifted) but otherwise has been fairly reliable as well.

I still think you guys should both go and test drive one of each of the vehicles and really see which she likes more and then weigh the options.

Yeh I’m gunna have to hit up love4boost so she can drive it one of these days. And we’re going to look at a few audi’s later today.

I tried to get her to get a v6 g8 but she isnt having it lol there’s a story behind it, when I first met her she had a 2001 red monte carlo and I had a 2000 black monte carlo so we drove around the same car basically for 2 years… So why switch it up now? get a white v6 g8 and call it a day… But in reality, no RWD so thats why I’m not pushing it.

I mean my car pretty much has 95% of what these luxury cars have to offer for the price range plus its got the nice 6.0L lol

EDIT: Hey Love4boost dont be trying to get a picture of my dick from my g/f man… LOL I’m JK!!!

Spend the extra money and buy a car with a warranty.

So worth it!

hahah whaaaat? so youve never heard of a girl flirting over the phone? its just pathetic that youd take it to a entire different level and make it personal. now im up for a good joke, and i know the history (from previous threads between you 2 s2k owners) but seriously this dude asked for advice on his girlfriend getting a car. and you have to go lowblow eric and his gf. thats just fucking childish imo, especially in a thread like this.

We’re talking about advice for cars in here not “how erics gf wants to fuck you and has all these other dicks up her ***” thats fucked up and you know it.

/rant, sorry to waste your time and life people.

She liked this one G6 GT white with every option possible on them. Leather,heated seats, roof.

and it was a 2010 so that means shes cover till 2014-15 in powertrain and 2012-13 in bumper to bumper.

So pretty much she doesnt care what she just wants the nice luxurious feel with a decent looking car… which pretty much for the most part excludes american cars…:’(

[quote=“AMD IS THE BEST,post:8,topic:40586"”]

I dont think I understand what this statement means… Your saying he should have spent the $2k EARLIER on replacing the cam follower even before he started noticing it? If so, im not sure what sense that would make, what if he would have never ran into the problem but still spent the $2k on replacing a perfectly fine cam follower/cam shaft? Cost of repairs imo is just about as important as the reliability aspect… I think some other shit went wrong with neds car as well right after he spent the $2k in repairs, fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator or something.

Love my Audi. Its been problem free so far. (Knocking on wood)

Good god you truly are retarded. Seriously do you ever stop and think even for a quick second that what is about to come out of your mouth or be typed is pure retardation at its finest? Because I sit here and read this and I feel as though some one is fucking with me because I think to my self that there is no possible way some one can be this fucking stupid and have lasted this long. You never cease to amaze with your idiotic posts. I commend you for some how defying Darwin’s law.

this is the dumbest thing ever…i sell all kinds of cars and i cant say one make is better than other …obviously you are buying a USED car depending on how it was maintained and who it was owned by…with that being said everybody’s experience is going to be different with every make

the best thing to do for your girlfriend is to buy something that has a factory warranty if not then get something that has every piece of maintenance like something from (illya)

then how come when you go to auction you "stay away from turbo VW’s/Audi’s? Pretty sure you specificly said you stay away from them? Im assuming its becuase you are aware of the increased problems that come with them… You buy 5 civics a week becuase they are a low problem car.

i sold an 04 vw passat 4motion 1.8TURBO with 123k this morning and ill sell them any day of the week with records like the one i just sold …i sell alot of civic’s yes because they are cheap not because they are the best ive seen more civic’s recently with bad tranny’s than anything else that i sell…

[quote=“love4boost,post:2,topic:40603"”]

The cam follower is cheap and if replaced before it failed the cam and hi pressure fuel pump (two very expensive parts) would not have needed to be replaced.

Dude BMW’s handle awesome, I don’t see how an Infinity handles the same.

My 330ci has a nice stiff ride and gets like 24/29 MPG, 29 is a real world number too.

I do really like the larger FX models though.

Gunna go look at a few cars today… Dave, let me know whens a good time for you to show her the car? I can meet you or you can come here does’nt matter to me.

And I know no one cares but I’m finally getting my car out of storage lol I’m excited as hell feels like I’m buying it all over again.

[quote=“AMD IS THE BEST,post:23,topic:38206"”]

Isnt it pretty much the same amount of labor minus the price of the actual cam to do that work? Head gaskets are cheap too, but the labor isnt thats what I was saying.

I was looking on google trying to price out a camshaft for an 06 a4 and came across this link… lol, in a 3 minute search I must have seen 5-6 of these kinda stories with these cars… I know older bmws have cooling issues but DAMN, audi is costing alot of people some serious $$$

http://www.audiforum.ca/a4-b7/61193-2006-audi-a4-cam-problem-4700-a.html

Also AMD, when do you know when its time to replace these parts without them going bad? I’ve heard of this issue happening at 30k miles, neds at 60k miles and other people not until 100k miles. Not trying to be a douche or anything just saying op is looking for a nice looking car that his GIRL-friend doesnt have to WORRY about. I’d say that outrules audi.

Remember this only affects the 2.0T in 05.5-08, these cars did come with a V6! And I’d say if you buy a 2.0t and there are no symptoms, just change the follower. Preventative maintenance like a timing belt job on any car. Then all the worry is behind you knowing that you have the revised part in your car. Or buy one that has already had it replaced.