BMW carnage.....

+1 …strip anything good off it and sell it…use all moneys to put towards another car…

I’ve seen cars much worse stripped, welded and straightened by certain Russian shops.

There is nothing better than having a good chassis, light, cheap track car that you really don’t care about since it’s already totalled. It’s silly to go to a track and go all out in something you care about. Ask Tom (1st gen).

wait, wat? you got collision on that? I am no old bimmer aficionado, but how much is that actually worth? not wrecked that is. KBB only goes back to 89, and a 325i with 100K and good condition private party ia $1550. At that point I wouldnt run collision, I would just sue the retarded driver for the value of your car private sale. much cheaper insurance… and as long as you have enough money to get another ride in while you ride out the law suit, or have another car anyways… you might want to think of it next time around.

or I am totally retarded, and your insurance with collision is dirt cheap. I dunno.

but sorry for the wreck… i forgot that part!

My 87 325IS with 220K+ miles on it was suggested resale value of $3500 at the DMV if I didn’t have the bill of sale.

So who knows, either way, I still say fix it and drive it like you stole it, er got paid for it. :ponder

Key word: Russian.

If he keeps the car and wants to track it, he should put it on a straightener to make it 100%. I don’t know if you’ve ever driven fast Vlad, but I don’t think it’s fun when a car starts to track in a certain direction at speed.

Even if you straightened it out you better be putting a cage in to make that portion of the chassis somewhat rigid again. All that bending and straightening of the metal weakens it. You’d have to reinforce in the effected metal I’d assume.

it was his fault. so they will cut me a check for the totaled car. i’m assuming somewhere between 300 - 1000 dollars. which if i got a grand i would freak out. lol

I believe you are right, and i will most likely just part it out. The guys on the e21 page of bimmerforums.com are always looking for parts.

There is a guy up the road from me with an E28 just sitting in his yard. i am gonna stop and talk to him about it, see if i can get it for cheap!

ok so i just heard back from geico. The other guy is fully liable and they are giving me $1430!!!

+1