bought plafs 00 Z28

lol guess I’ll have to start a thread polling opinions as to whether to paint the car or not. I am going to try and swap this hood for a stocker that fits better though. Scanned the codes this morning has a code for a bad 02 and then fuel trim. I’m sure the first is causing the second and I can tell the thing is running rich. Busy this weekend, gonna trade pipes with John tomorrow, I’ll change the 02s while I’m under there and go from there with the car next week when I have some time.

i have a full exhaust system, y-pipe back to over the axel dual outlet, flows Great for not a true dual (ask anyone on this site who knos the car) cause its huge and wide open.i if his donest work let me kno but its for a price not a trade

…plafs car never ever had shifting issues. truth

Holy shit someone finally bought it! Was waiting for someone to snatch up a solid 12sec car for cheap. That was a fun ass car

changed the 02 today and put about 30 miles on the car. So far no SES light. Trans was about a quart low, filled it up and haven’t really noticed much difference. Car seems to run a little better. When I was on the northway I was cruising about 75 and manually shifted it between drive and overdrive two or three times without any issue. So I’m leaning toward the mailorder tune being part of the problem. I’m going to change the engine and transmission filters and oil next week once I have some time. Hopefully the issue is resolved with just the 02. Paul where is the 3 to 4 upshift suppose to be 6k? Either way I’m not going to be driving the car all that hard till I fix the lazy center issue. Had her on a lift yesterday, seems like the car might need a wheel bearing. Plaf had all new ball joints and tierods that I’ll install some time in the next couple weeks.

just beat the piss out of it. put a small 100 shot on it and run deep into the 11’s possible 10s with it

still kicking myself in the ass for not picking it up. i just have no room anymore. congrats on the purchase man, that is one badass car for cheap.

If the car gets nitrous it won’t be till late this summer. I’m graduating in May and have an camaro thats been in the work for a couple years that is close to being done. So I’m going to focus on that. Either way more power isn’t any good if the car won’t shift into 4th on the quarter. Anyway I’m happy for the purchase price can’t beat it for what the price was negociated to.

there will be a tuner coming here next month. check this thread http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=15578

Unfortunetly I’m in Plattsburgh with classes during the week and weekends are spent doing wedding related stuff or trying to get as much work done on the other camaro as possible. This May I’d like to get HP tuners software and start playing with the car a little bit. It doesn’t have too much done to it. Headers, exhaust, intake, lid, injectors, converter, trans mods?? So I’m going to try playing with it myself a little bit. I’ve done stuff with DSM link before so I think I’ll be able to manage it. Plus I don’t want to pay 250 everytime I change something on the car, rather pay once and be set.

I will straight up trade you a Pacesetter off road Y pipe for those duals…

let me know.

Too late man. I swapped pipes with John yesterday afternoon. Just currious what size inlet is your y pipe? The one John swapped me is 3" inlet, but the headers on the car are 2.5". I’m going to make adapter at work, but I would be interested in the Y if it’s 2.5 inlet with 3" outlet.

mine is 3" all the way through from headers to tail pipes.

so was mine ,the exh is my car already drew ,sounds nasty as hell just gotta get a balance pipe on it

I bet it does sound sick…cammed LT1’s sound badass IMO. That thing is going to be retarted loud.

john i NEED to hear that thing, do you have my ezpass?

no ,he mentioned it yesterday sayin he was gonna bring it .he didnt lololololol it sounds great but i gotta get it to hank and have him tighten the sytem up i dont like how it sits on it and it needs a balance /x pipe

ya sorry paul your ezpass is still in my truck just like it was yesterday. Started shooting the shit with John and totally forgot about it. Guess I’ll have to mail it to you. Looks like Johns stuff should bolt up to the car, the pipes were 2.5" but it looks like the headers are 3". I’ll find out tomorrow morning.

the exh ya got now is all 3 in

Ya I didn’t have time to look at the headers before I pulled the pipe. They’re 3" also so the pipes I got from you should bolt up just fine as long as the factory hangers are still there.

nice pickup, this car moves…