bov help

so I am being told i can not vent my bov to the atmosphere and that it has to be recirculated on my s14 sr set up, and the only way to have it vented is if a change to a map sensor ecu. is this true? i here 240s go by alot with stock setups and always here the bov sound witch will only happen if it’s vented out. so what should i do?

First you should go watch a ton of online videos with BOV’s venting, so much so that you get tired of that PSHH PSSSH PSSSSSSSSH noise and dont want to vent you BOV because its really a lame attention grabbing thing to do.

If you still want to vent your BOV after that then yes you can run it with your stock setup. However, you’ll deal with stalling sometimes and erratic idle issues, blah blah blah. You can get an aftermarket BOV which will reduce some of these issues but not by much. A MAP based setup on the car will allow venting without any problems but you’d have to be half retarded to spend the money it takes to get an EMS to do that.

Long point short, Yes it will work, your car will run shittier than it does now and you still wont be able to pick up chicks in a 240 so why do it?

^true…also i believe if it was ment to be recirc’d and u make it atmospheric, everytime u shift and let go of the gas the car will run very rich for that short time no pressure is present.