Stock SR BOV

Hey just wondering. I have a stock SMIC and the stock bov just circulates back into the intake. Can i just seal the intake and let the bov just blow off into the air. Or should i buy an after market bov. Just wanted it to be louder.

you can do that, thats how mine is but it will cause you to run rich, so it is recommended to upgrade to an aftermarket one atleast. (hopefully someone goes into more detail but i believe thats the gist of it)

When you vent your BOV to the atmosphere you are dumping metered air that is accounted for by your MAF. Therefore not only do you get a rich condition between shifts (think slight bog) but your engine will have a habit of wanting to stall out when the revs come down. An aftermarket BOV will help because it is usually sprung stiffer and opens at greater vacuum than the stock unit so the stalling may or may not happen. Its really a crap shoot, some ppl get the stalling and some dont.

OK but if i do get an after market bov do i just leave the stock one running the same?

Cap the stock port out on the SMIC