bov question

ok so i have a black top notch back with a hks blov that is reculated, my question is, if i have it vent into the atmosphere will it make my car studder or any thing like that since it is blowing of metered air? i dont have a stand alone just the normal sr ecu.
thanks for the help again.

if you vent to the air you can expect a very slight loss of on off throttle response and you can get decell stalling though it seem rare these days but if it happens it is generaly when you let off the throttle comming to a stop off a faster speed ie.exiting the highway or so.

Mael

You also get the cool backfiring and crackling when you dump off the throttle :stuck_out_tongue: JDM TYTE yo.

Ditch the cat and you can blow fireballs out your tail pipe. All the cool kids are doing it.

…I’ve been running my BOV vented to atmo since I got my car and I have never had a problem, it richens when I let off the throttle from high revs, so it crackles and pops, but I’ve never noticed adverse performance from it, and I still get like 700km/tank on the highway.

the only problem i have had with a bov to atmosphere is when i decel and then put the clutch in…like under 2000 rpm my idle will drop to 400 and then bump back up to 1000.

Never had that, but I do know what you’re talking about. Hell, my car ran with a ridiculously huge vacuum leak and a BOV vented to atmo.

hmm maybe ill try venting it into the atmosphere this spring then…

your probably better off getting a aftermarket bov and recirculating it.
you will still get the noise, no it wont be as lound but it will also make that rpm drop go away.