Brake grinding?

My s14 has been parked for almost a year now and i decided to take it for a drive before winter just to say i drove it this year. Before i parked it had a very slight metal on metal rubbing/grinding sound and it was like my pads and rotor are grinding on each other while the wheel spins. I could only hear it when i had the wheel off the ground and spun it myself. I never heared anything while driving. there has never been any marking on my rotors before i drove it today.

Well when i took it out today it was much more pronounced but there was also a whirring, jetson mobile sound in the mix while i was driving. I popped off the front tires and gave them a spin, same grinding sound as before when i parked it. The grind before was slight, now it is loud. Still no marks on the rotor and there is no contact between pads and rotors on either side. The rear does not do this.

The grinding sound could almost be called a scraping sound while the wheel is off the ground and while driving its a whirring buzzing jetsony thing like i said. As far as i know, bearings click and grind when they are blown so i dont think its that. Maybe a CV joint? anyone?

warped front rotors from being parked?

My dads wheels bearing blew a while back and it sounded like a whistling or “whirring buzzing jetsony thing”.
Could be your problem.

Sounds like your wheel bearings are shot. Easy way to tell, jack up the car so tires are off the ground. Then go to the front wheels and see if you can wiggle them side to side. Grab the tire at 3:00 and 9:00 and try to wiggle it. If the bearings are shot you will feel some play, kinda like a slight clicking noise/feel. Then do the same process grabbing the tire at 12:00 and 6:00. This will tell if your ball joints are worn. I work in an automotive shop and do these tests on a regular basis, it about the simplest way to check. Hope that helped!

If you do it side to side and have excessive play it could be your tie rod ends not just you wheel bearings.

Yes, almost forgot about that as well.

Could it be just the sound of the normal drag of the pads on the rotor made louder because the unused (and likely rusted rotors for sitting so long) brakes?

it could just be the shit on the rotors causing the noise.
checking the side to side motion is for tie rods and wheel bearings, if you know your tie rods aren’t fucked then replace your wheel bearing. or if your still stumped take the brakes apart and lubricate all the contact points.

thanks guys, due to a generous amount of snow being dumped on her, i cant check anything till i clear out the garage and put her in. But thats a war in its own (women and their shit…)

i had a similar noise with my car, turns out it was snow/ice jammed between the suspension and the rotor heat/dust shield rubbing on the rotor.