Breaking News

Wow so sad. Troopers have been HEAVY on the 290 recently too.

reading the comments it seems the sun and visibility came into play.

I drive that way to work in the morning. The sun is atrocious. If I don’t have polarized sunglasses, I can’t see shit.

i drove by that yesterday and by the way everything was closed off i assumed something horrible happened. btw even if the officer does go to the pass. side of the car receiving the ticket he still has to go to the drivers side of his on vehicle. also there is a new law that states if you see an emergency vehicle with its lights on stopped with another car you must slow down and move over.

RIP

usually the move their car 3/4 of the way blocking the lane to the left so u atleast see their car, it amazes me even with that law now^ that people STILL don’t move over, or even move over a little bit, they just keep driving like nothing is going on

rip

Have you seen where people just stop on a 2 lane street and block the whole lane when they get pulled over? I’m blown away that cops allow this.

They should require vehicles to exit the highway and pull into the nearest parking lot, simply and safe.

raising the limit would reduce crashes which is the primary reason they patrol so heavy in the first place (so I have though at least). There is CONSTANTLY people crashing on 290 because people get so frustrated with driving slowly so they tail gate to get people to move over and it starts the road rage situation like that are COMPLETELY avoidable crashes if people were not getting so hot about running so slow.

I got in an accident a few weeks ago when some shithead was tailgating me, passed me and tried to cut me off, but missed and pit maneuvered himself on my bumper and went head first into the guard rail. $6k damage on my car, totaled his car, and $12k damage to another car that got caught up in it, all because he had to be an asshole.

not calling you out on your incident I don’t know the details nor do I care but crashes are preventable and a increased speed limit would have very likely avoided this entire situation. I very rarely see crashes on 990 or on 400, but i have to attribute that to a much lower volume of traffic

I hate hate hate these really low speed limits. modern cars are equipped to handle higher speeds

Sad news. Troopers will be out in force enforcing the new law now.

My fiancée got in an accident about a mile down from where this happened. Sun was in the old guys eyes and traffic ahead was slowing…My fiancée saw this, the guy behind didn’t. His SUV smashed into her sunfire’s buttocks. Totaled the car.

It was in a 65 zone. It didn’t have to do with speed limits, it had to do with someone being an asshole.

And no offense, but I know for a fact that none of you are traffic engineers. There are parameters that must be met on a public highway for it to be a specific speed limit. I’m not saying I know what those parameters are, but it seems to me that the 290 through tonawanda is more of an urban highway and more close quarters in terms of guard rails and acoustic barriers than the 65mph highways you listed. Also on ramps may not accommodate a higher speed limit. So it seems imprudent to jump to the conclusion that nys wants your $$$.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/2289374689.html

This crx looks familiar. Must not want to be pulled over again.

No it wasn’t. There are no 65 zones on the 290.

Get out of the left lane.

I love the speed police in the fast lane.

There was a guy in the left lane on 190 doing about 54mph last weekend who gave the finger to a guy who passed on the right. He moved over for me, not sure why. Maybe his passenger told him he was an asshole. lol

He was referring to his own incident…jeez reading comprehension people!

LOLJK

so the person who misses a full size vehicle with 35462 flashing lights is going to see a yellow vest? idk about that.

this sucks, rip.

If it saves one life it is worth it. Isn’t that what they say?

yeah i get that, i’m just saying that if someone doesn’t see an extremely well lit police vehicle, wearing a yellow vest probably wouldn’t make a difference.

it is the slight chance at saving his life that we are after by suggesting this.