Briere should be suspended for 10 games at least!

There was a brief sports article in the Snooze yesterday morning

“I think about it every day just because of the soreness and the pain I have to deal with, my neck and my back from the hit,” Briere said before the Christmas break. "It’s going to be there for a while.

“But at the same time, I’m over the hit. There’s nothing I can change about it or nothing I can do. There’s nothing I can control about that.” Briere’s aches subside as his muscles loosen…

No, Briere should not have done it.

Yes, I think he deserved it.

cup or not, that will at least give yah the twinging pain.

Suspension? Yea right.

the check from behind was no accident. Ovechkin flat out said that he wanted to hit him, though he didnt want to injure him.

HE WANTED TO HIT HIIM. FROM BEHIND. WHILE HE WAS SKATING TO THE BENCH.

edit - http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061226/1054894.asp

Well, my contact was not [an] accident. I wanted to hit him,” Ovechkin said on a conference call two days after the game. “But if you see [the] replay, I don’t hit him, you know, hard. I just saw his back and I just hit him. I don’t want give him injury or do some injury to him.”

even the check from behind was to low for ovechkin esp with his talent

I cringe everythime i see a hit from behind. I had the displeaseure of watching one of my teammates lil brother being taken off on a streacher to the hospital from a hit from behind, prior to one of our games. He IS now paralized formthe chest down, and yep that includes his dick. Payback is a bitch and that spear is no where near as dangerous as what ovetchkin did to start it.

You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame, you know.

word, word, word.

Fucking league leader and a really talented kid… wtf?

This coming from the Leaf’s fan… :roll:

How many illegal hits has Darcy Tucker or Ty Domi gotten away with? Boo Fucking Hoo…

darcy- prolly 2 or 3 that were “questionable”
domi- none.

and your right it doesnt matter. i cant wait for the next game against washington. i hope Briere gets speared in his left eye and he loses his eyeball.

Wow all that hate. I felt bad when i heard about peca.

lol @ leafs fans. :rolleyes:

Way to make your team/fans look like a bunch of pussies Ovary-echkin.
This is hockey. What happened to what he said about the hit on Briere. “If we fight we fight…it part of game of hockey yaddah yaddah whatever”. A little poke here and there is part of the game too little girl.

And don’t get me wrong…I love Ovechkin as a player.

I am forgetful…what are the standings…

oh yeah, here are the “relavant to this discussion” teams…

EASTERN CONFERENCE

1 BUFFALO* 55 pts

9 WASHINGTON 39 pts
10 TORONTO 39 pts

hmmm. I guess I would be bitching about stuff like that too.

Now I understand how you can be a leaf’s fan who lives in WNY. You’re simply retarded. It all makes sense now. Say hi to your friends on the short bus.

Hah! Suspension?

No way. It was a little love tap with a load of exageration from Ovechkin. As a freeskier who has taken a few nutshots from rails over my years, that was COMPLETE acting. He got a little tap which stung, stood there for a few moments, and then after there was noone around, fell to the ice.

Shit, it doesn’t take a full second to realize you got hit in the nuts.

Not to mention with a cup, he likely didn’t feel all that much.

yeah im bitter… friggin injuries are killing my Leafs. I see the season slowly slipping away.

yeah i know people :violin:

briere, and ovehcinator for them score is 1-1!

:rofl: During the non-political discussion, you are a pretty funny dood.

While it wasn’t fit of the caliber player Briere is, nor is the Ovechkin hit.

I think it more of a factor that Briere got his little bit, since the NHL didn’t scold ovechkin (which is understandable. he does fill seats and he is a great hockey player).

I don’t mind something like the spear, its his little bit of revenge. You guys remember when that kid in college hockey (boston i think) got paralyzed on a hit from behind? That was fucked up. thats the kind of thing that can happen with a hit from behind. nothing major will happen with a little fucking spear

my sister played explorer league when she was in high school (92-96). some guy on hutch tech said “girls dont belong in the explorer league” and hit her from behind in the corner. Separated her shoulder. surgery didn’t do any good, she got in a minor car accident a couple years later and now she can’t move her shoulder even level to the collarbone. its fucking explorer league hockey. i played it when i was in high school, its not a big fucking deal. its the fucking explorer league. and that fucking prick changed the rest of her life.

that kind of shit fucking pisses me off, to the point of rage even. thats dirty hockey, that has a serious effect on someones life. a spear wont do shit. ovechkin didnt even get any reprocussions from the NHL, so at least briere got his. was it right? no. but a lot less than that check from behind.

^ pics of sister?

hahah… you’re a retard.

well briere does wear a shield so it may be tough

i still got mine