Bringing the Camaro back to life...

/\ go jeep status; put the doors on DZUS clips and remove at water box. :slight_smile:

Just purchased this…

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/images/hires_products/15003.jpg

Standalone nitrous fuel system…tank will be filled with methanol.

Nice its a holley black fuel pump that should give ya all ya need .

Yep, this kit is good for a 300 shot on Metanol, 600 on gas. Don’t think I’ll be exceeding either one of those limits anytime soon. It’ll get 200 ASAP, though.

whats the reason for the use of methanol?

Several…

The nitrous system needs a fuel upgrade-albiet from the car’s fuel source, or it’s own system…

If I would of chosen to upgrade the cars fuel system, it would be more work, and the nitrous would use whatevers in the cars tank, which was typically AVGAS. With this system, we can run the car on 93 octane (which is all it needs), and the nitrous system will use meth. Same idea as using meth in a boosted application. We can spray the full 200 shot without retarding the timing at all (maybe 2 degrees to be safe). It’ll make more power, and make it much safer this way. I’d have no issue spraying 250 to this motor, but it’d need a new plate and nitrous solenoid to support that. We’ll see what it runs on the 200 first.

Very cool Travis. If you are ever down this way grab that radiator I told you about. That should save you a little off the nose too.

Not much more work now to pull off the passenger fender and get that heavy ass heater/air box off the firewall and out from under the dash! Just do it man!!! :lol:

Read it all.

You are a good dude.

I should get myself going on a father son project instead of waiting til it’s too late.

That heater box does need to go lol . I wish I could do the father son build again , best part of my younger life .

I wish me and my dad couldve built something but he’s too lazy. He used to work on cars back in the day and rented a garage with a few friends and drag raced alot. I dont know what happened but now he doesnt even change his own oil and seems to have forgotten everything he knew about cars.

He was no help at all with my Mustang.

Thanks, and removing that garbage is on the list, just a ways down on it.

Pulled the headers/valve covers/alternator and took those parts, along with the upper radiator plate to the the powder coater. The dude has done work for me before but I had never been to his shop until today, almost forgot about him…holy crap, Johnsburg NY makes Ticonderoga look like a thriving metropolis, ha! (just west of Chestertown, 20 minutes off of exit 25 of the Northway)

are you running caltracs on this? looks good man and sounds good im.nit a chevy fan but i respect anything were its due cant wait to see the rest

Calvert shocks, Comp Engineering bars, Moroso front springs. Might eventually switch to the Calvert (Caltracs) bars.

oo ok good shit man it deff hooked great it seems im getting a set of caltracs i heard there worth every cent ill let you know if i get it before you man

They do work great as long as you adjust them properly. Quite a few of my friends are running them and some of them are cutting high 1.3 60’ times on a drag radial.

Methanol tank mounted, RPM limit box wiring shortened and relocated. Will post progress pics soon!

Used a welder for the first time in my life and built this…I’m sure people have welded worse on their first try…lol!

Bead in the ‘back’ of the pic looks like shit, I had to go over it. Oh well, I can’t imagine what it looked like the first time I soldered 20 years ago:crackup

not bad at all brother!!!

Goal for the nitrous system fuel system was to have the pump, regulator, filter and pressure gauge mounted as compact as possible with minimal plumbing-