Budget build. $4K = 10's

i guess that, but there has to be some kind of reflash program or something.

when your done we should setup a race at LVD, my turbo buget hatch VS your turbo buget Camaro…

$650 for turbo
$250 Tial Q
$320 Precision 46mm WG
$130 31X12X4 3" in/out FMIC
$30 for aluminum tubing
$40 for couplers and tbolts clamps

$1420 total so far

$500 LQ4
$400 4L80E
$150 EFILIVE Lic
$350 8 injectors

$2820 total so far

$150 for 8.8 explorer axle
$180 for gears
$50 for rebuild kit
$30 for short side axle shaft

$3230 total so far

$770 left for what ever. I can skimp a little here and there too if need be, but if it goes over a little bit, no big deal I guess.

Actually I got one of the On3Performance 76mm’s on the bench, its a T4 though. I was going to use that one on the jetta LM7 project, since it wont make as much power, and that car is way lighter so it would be over kill if I used something bigger. It actually doesnt seem that bad, and surprising results have shown up from others running them. $325 shipped to my door.

Stock PCM with EFIlive to tune on top of it. $150 for the lic.

That would kick ass actually! Are you keeping track of the budget? You are well documented already on the cars progress, so between the two builds, we could make a great article for a mag or website! This could be something worth looking into.

Either way running at LVD together is a must! I cant wait!

yea, im keeping track of my buget but its less than 4k, i had random parts already and bought the shell from synapse for $500 and did all the labor at the shop.

I have some rando junk too, but no big dollar items; tbolt clamps, hoses, crap like that.

If you could, keep track of what the street value for the stuff you already had, like motor, cylinder head, etc. and factor that into the budget at the end. the little stuff forget about the $$ value though. Just dont want to skew the results by having a car with a built 5K motor dropped in just cause it was collecting dust under the bench kind of thing! :slight_smile:

lol…no…the ls-nonvtec motor with tranny i got for $200. cheap ass motors!

hell yeah! cool then bro!

I guess I gotta get crackin asap on this bitch to compete with yah man!

EBay ‘intercooler’ is trash…install it, watch IAT’s before and after it and get back to me. Spend some of that leftover coin on a Garrett core.

which one? i had one from Emotor IAT after a 29psi run was 130ish using a GM sensor. 75* weather

My CXracing intercooler seems to do the job, I’ll have to log some intake temps, but the cold side isnt that bad. What’s a good delta?

here some info:

Scratch the gears as the 8.8 will already have the 3.73’s in it and the EFI Live license is only $100. I wouldn’t spend all that money on the TiAL/Precision setup if it’s a budget. Go generic 50mm and On3Performance WG and spend half the money.

It would work fine for a 5.3 but the hotside is a little small for a 6 liter.

I don’t believe this for a second, ton’s of people use them with great results.

Exactly.

Of course Buschur is going to say that, he’s trying to sell his product.

I’m sure it’s doing fine.

thats weird because I had a cx racing ebay intercooler on my v6 and it keept my IAT pretty damn low. Thats was on 17psi with a bb turbonectics T72

as far as a wastegate, they are all the same design and its really hard to get a shitty one that doesnt do its job. All it is, is a vac. controlled diaphram (which you know)

I had a hks “copy” 40mm wastegate on my v6. The thing was like $120 and it worked flawless.

Wow a company selling a competitive product to an eBay one that cannot compete price wise is trashing the product? Even though people use it with success?

Shocker, only weapon a company has left is bullshitting, heresay and claims of “better”.

Read other stories of FOD (look it up) coming out of the intercoolers and damaging engines.

foreign object debris( or damage) caused by welding slag, and cheap material.

problem? NEVER

I’ll be interested to see how you make out with this. One of my someday projects is a turbo LS swap in my 88 IROC