Buffalo Bills 2007 Season Discussion

I would rather they took 6,7, 8+ minutes to drive down the field and settle for a FG. Keeping the other teams offense off the field, and the Bills D rested. Instead of going 3 and out %75 of the time.

sorry but JP has to go, how you back him I will never know skunky-poo

[quote=“OfficerK,post:681,topic:35063"”]

I would rather they took 6,7, 8+ minutes to drive down the field and settle for a FG. Keeping the other teams offense off the field, and the Bills D rested. Instead of going 3 and out %75 of the time.

sorry but JP has to go, how you back him I will never know skunky-poo

[/quote]

You can’t win games with 12 points hoping the other team doesn’t get a touchdown, thats just not how the game works and it will never work that way. Edwards will play and should play but losman is not worse than edwards at this point. again 1 TD pass in 3 games… Its not worth the gamble when you can make the playoffs.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:682,topic:35063"”]

You can’t win games with 12 points hoping the other team doesn’t get a touchdown, thats just not how the game works and it will never work that way. Edwards will play and should play but losman is not worse than edwards at this point. again 1 TD pass in 3 games… Its not worth the gamble when you can make the playoffs.

[/quote]

QFT!!!

thank you.

Sean, it’s not that im backing Losman. I feel the same way as rob. We can’t settle for a FG. We NEED points. We NEED TD’s. I do think Edwards will get back in there, and I think it’s fine. But he needs to start putting points on the board.

You guys are talking about edwards like he’s played 16 games and could only put up a FG here and there.

He has had 3 games! (2.5?)… I don’t even know how you can base anything on that.

At this point Edwards skill level is really unknown, and like others have said - he might get better, he might get worse, but it is most likely worth the risk when Losman has just about sealed his fate with multiple seasons of sub-par performance.

To be frank, I would love to see Losman come around and be our guy. He is a good guy, and great for the city. If he could play football well he would be everything I could hope for.

You make an excellent point Tom, an excellent point… to not start edwards. Edwards skill level is unkown and with the exception of NE which no one expected JP to win or play well. Losman has been putting points on the board, having long drives. Some of his passes were sloppy but at least they were complete for touchdowns. Making the playoffs, even if its 1 game, is the most improtant thing to this franchise right now. Gambling with that would be silly.

Well when LosEman gets torn up (again) by Jacksonville, hopefully that will be the end of this discussion.

sean…you dont even like football…

leave this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“OfficerK,post:686,topic:35063"”]

Well when Losman plays well agains Jacksonville, hopefully that will be the end of this discussion.

[/quote]

I agree completely. Even though I like edwards more i just don’t think now is the time for this contraversey to show up agian.

[quote=“OfficerK,post:686,topic:35063"”]

Well when LosEman gets torn up (again) by Jacksonville, hopefully that will be the end of this discussion.

[/quote]

+1

[quote=“RobHimself,post:685,topic:35063"”]

You make an excellent point Tom, an excellent point… to not start edwards. Edwards skill level is unkown and with the exception of NE which no one expected JP to win or play well. Losman has been putting points on the board, having long drives. Some of his passes were sloppy but at least they were complete for touchdowns. Making the playoffs, even if its 1 game, is the most improtant thing to this franchise right now. Gambling with that would be silly.

[/quote]

the bills aren’t gonna make the playoffs , hate to break it to you. and losman has not been putting points on the board, what the hell games are you watching? he sure tore apart that dolphins defense didn’t he… your logic makes no sense. so instead of giving time to someone who has potential and actually shows he has control when hes out there, you’d rather stick with someone you know is limited, just because you know what your gonna get when he plays (ie: not a whole lot) lol

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:690,topic:35063"”]

the bills aren’t gonna make the playoffs , hate to break it to you. and losman has not been putting points on the board, what the hell games are you watching? he sure tore apart that dolphins defense didn’t he… your logic makes no sense. so instead of giving time to someone who has potential and actually shows he has control when hes out there, you’d rather stick with someone you know is limited, just because you know what your gonna get when he plays (ie: not a whole lot) lol

[/quote]

:clap:

To put it another way, if Belichick were in this situation who would he start? Edwards, no doubt, and that’s why the Bills can spend the same money as everyone else in the league but look so much worse. Bad decisions by management and coaching will keep this team at the bottom. The only coaching that has made the Bills look good was when we played the Jets and the Dolphins, and where are they in the standings again? :wink:

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:690,topic:35063"”]

[/quote]

They are both limited dude! What makes you think that edwards can pass long? Do you think the coaches would call the long ball once if they knew he could pull it off ??? No!! and if they have called it he has checked down to a reciever 3 yards out more often than not ignoring opportunities that could have let to a TD. What is funny is that you don’t seem to realize that the rest of the NFL is so shitty that the bills actually do stand a good chance at making the playoffs.

[quote=“JayS,post:691,topic:35063"”]

To put it another way, if Belichick were in this situation who would he start? Edwards, no doubt, and that’s why the Bills can spend the same money as everyone else in the league but look so much worse. Bad decisions by management and coaching will keep this team at the bottom. The only coaching that has made the Bills look good was when we played the Jets and the Dolphins, and where are they in the standings again?

[/quote]

Again the entire nfl is shitty this year no one will beat NE and they will get another championship BUT the bills are playing well with like 8 injuries and still winning games and fuck am they came within 3 against 2 of their losses to good teams. Get a clue about football rather than listening to wgr.

The dude’s last name is “loss man.” :gotme:

Ahem, to add some numbers to the discussion:

In his career, he has thrown 30 touchdowns in 36 games.

I’ll put it another way. Over the course of the last 4 years, JP Losman has averaged less than one single touchdown per game.

In 2007, JP has passed for 3 touchdowns in 7 games.

I repeat. 7 games. 3 touchdowns. Less than one TD every other game.

JP shouldn’t be benched, he should be cut.

[quote=“Fry,post:693,topic:35063"”]

The dude’s last name is “loss man.” :gotme:

Ahem, to add some numbers to the discussion:

In his career, he has thrown 30 touchdowns in 36 games.

I’ll put it another way. Over the course of the last 4 years, JP Losman has averaged less than one single touchdown per game.

In 2007, JP has passed for 3 touchdowns in 7 games.

I repeat. 7 games. 3 touchdowns. Less than one TD every other game.

JP shouldn’t be benched, he should be cut.

[/quote]

The O line is completely changed this year. Those stats don’t tell you that all his sacks and pressure mistakes were because our lazy line let them run in unscathed.

Here’s another one: Losman has 5416 passing yards and 413 rushing yards per game. 36 games. 161 yards per game average over 4 years. :hang:

PS you guys are all right Losman is a fucking faggot. Edwards is the next tom brady!! Check down QBs ftw!!! Can’t wait to watch him thorw a 400 yard game and the bills rack up 12 whole points!

[quote=“RobHimself,post:694,topic:35063"”]

The O line is completely changed this year. Those stats don’t tell you that all his sacks and pressure mistakes were because our lazy line let them run in unscathed.

[/quote]

Fair enough. :shrug:

god… just fucking start Edwards so everyone can shut the fuck up

as i said before… WE are not the coaches.

who the hell knows what they will do.

enough with the QB bullshit. Like i said earlier in this thread, the QB controversy is the LEAST of our worries, but nobody understands that and thinks that Edwards is the answer to our problems…

[quote=“RobHimself,post:696,topic:35063"”]

PS you guys are all right Losman is a fucking faggot. Edwards is the next tom brady!! Check down QBs ftw!!! Can’t wait to watch him thorw a 400 yard game and the bills rack up 12 whole points!

[/quote]

lol you understand!

[quote=“Fry,post:699,topic:35063"”]

lol you understand!

[/quote]

I feel like levar burton in roots.

My name is Toby!