Build a track car for cheap?

i don’t think he wants to get rid of it. he just wants to have something that if he or his friend fucks up, it’s not his s2k. i can appreciate that. after seeing what happened to that STi and that mini cooper S, i see where he is coming from

Its too bad that had to happen with so many new people out. We have not had something like the sti incident happen in years. The closest thing to that was a type r at batavia hitting the foam. Batavia is admitedly one of the places you need to be extra aware at. As for the mini, that was driver error. He missed an upshift to 3rd and hit 1st. Again, you do more shifting on the highway screwing around then at an autocross. most cars shift to 2nd and stay there.

As for eccn not being safe… its a bit narrow, but it is safe. Again, its been years and years since something happened there. The last incident report that had to filled out there was 3 years ago because a spectator twisted an ankle.

RIT has steep berms and telephone poles, seneca has runway lights, xerox has gas supply pipes in the middle… THE HIGHWAY HAS GUARDRAILS AND OTHER CARS, DEBRIS AND POTHOLE!!! I guarantee you more autocrossers have had accidents on the road then while autocrossing by a multiple of 1000.

The only motorsport that is safer is a show and shine.