Built Ka24e-t Holset Hx35

First in car mock up… Heat protection is gonna be crucial but everything fits good.

Hood clearance is an issue gonna lower the motor 1/2 inch

looks sweet, good stuff

nick that looks crazy

Build looks good …got brakes?

Where will you be tracking this thing or is it a street car? :slight_smile:

Nice build! Those Holset turbos are seriously spool happy.

Plan on running Meth injection?
It will Definatly help if your planning on running pump gas.

I would definetally run meth injection on this bad boy. Although it is a built platform detonation can definetally ruin this badboy.

Is that an IAP turbo kit? If so we have one on a KA-T at our shop and we had some issues with the restriction of the manifold. Also see that it is a 38mm wastegate, you dont think that its going to be to small for this application? We had a 38mm wastegate on the KA-T with the T3/T4 turbo we have and it maxed out the wastegate and made the boost creep on the dyno.

Just some things to look into. Im interested in this build as there is not enough KA-E’s out there…lol

Get back to me on those questions, and good luck with the build, looks good so far!

Nice build!!! I like, we need to line up at the track summer time. Keep a extra coil in the car, trust me My coil died while I was going down the track.

Thanks Peter n Vlad n the rest of you guys for the positive feedback.

I’ll be tracking her at TMP but I’ll be trailering her down… although she does have plates on her still! :smiley:

Wish I could have drove a holset powered ka before I started just to get a taste… Thats funny you asked that… my Mac tools distributor mentioned I should run meth the other day when we were shooting the shit.

Yep thats an IAP Manifold. Finding a manifold for this motor took a little research and once that was done there weren’t many to pick from lol … it was the best quality one I could get that suited my needs, I thought about making my own manifold but I got a good deal on this one with a few extra other parts so. A lot of guys are just running log manis with these turbos and they don’t seem to have any problems. I’m hoping I don’t run into any problems with the 38mm if I do i’ll roll with the punches.

Thanks man, for sure man I’ll line up :wink: If you’re talking about my MSD blaster in that last pic up above, I’m not gonna be using it. LS1 coils FTW

Holy fsck! Other than the Holset, that’s my dream KA24E setup right there!

this guy is hardcore. this motor was built as a joke at first, then for some reason…lovebecame of the kae and nick. and no matter what…he will always make sure he is ahead of me at the track lool. asshole :stuck_out_tongue:

HOLY…

I love the KA-E more than anything, but this guy is just plain nuts!

When this thing is done, I’m coming over to Brampton to see this thing!

I’m not worried…

:slight_smile: Hi Nick, lol you already know I like the build

Chris couldn’t have explained it any better dunno why i like it really must be the underdog thing going on for it… right from the beginning we’ve been one up’ing each other lol your’s more on looks then power at the end of your old car. so its your turn to step it up :D.

Kevin thanks man… You shouldn’t be too worried your build in progress is stupified in power :stuck_out_tongue:

lol eff kevin, his car has 2 more cylinders also one more turbo, thats almost cheating in my books LOL!

no matter what even if your faster then me, its still one gangster ass single cam.

I meant my 240 will beat him as it sits :stuck_out_tongue:

lol just kidding my 240 is so slow, on her last legs

i edited and said you have also one more turbo.

Thanks man. I’m just worried kevins gonna turn his 300 into a trailer queen :open_mouth: lool juss jokes

^^ true story^^

lol his new goal… to do a 5th gear burnout down the shannonville strip with 275s

How much are you getting the LS1 coils for? Or how much you paid for them?

This summer will have alot off fast cars.