Built Ka24e-t Holset Hx35

lol and gonna get someone else to record it. Seeing as you have an obsession with recording the ground lol

"Also see that it is a 38mm wastegate, you dont think that its going to be to small for this application? We had a 38mm wastegate on the KA-T with the T3/T4 turbo we have and it maxed out the wastegate and made the boost creep on the dyno. "

on my ka24e-t I had silly boost creep with the big turbo, had to use a 45mm turbo smart wastegate to regulate the boost properly…

also if you plan on making 400rwhp or so…you will start to sheer trannies…been there done that…its the end of the line for that set up around 20-25psi… unless you want to swap trannies on a regular basis

Adam

Haven’t purchased ls1 coils yet… I’ll let you know how much I pay for them tho!

Ya I know the story with the trannys I’ve busted two in the last two years… the one in the car now, I rebuilt last summer so hopefully she’ll last a bit… if not z32 TT tranny ftw :wink:

Haven’t purchased ls1 coils yet… I’ll let you know how much I pay for them tho!

Ya I know the story with the trannys I’ve busted two in the last two years… the one in the car now, I rebuilt last summer so hopefully she’ll last a bit… if not z32 TT tranny ftw :wink:

I need to get a z32 tranny too. Let me know before you buy, because I may get it cheaper.

sidewayzmaniac,

Love the setup. I plan on doing this someday as well.

I wanted to ask, how many km’s did the E have before you tore it down? Also, assuming you had the block and head sent out for machined, where did you send it out to? Someplace local?

Also, what kind of machine work was done on the block and head?

Thanks

draggone,

What does it cost, roughly to make a copy of that IAP manifold?

Thanks

ViPEC V44 here soon…

How many of those tracked will be reliable is a different story though… :slight_smile:

Well alot of the guys in crew will be reliable, seeing we all broke or blow up last year. lol.

Dan how much for the ka or a universal one.

One word to describe this: BADASS! :smiley:

$1675 CDN which is everything you need to convert the car to speed density

It’s good to hear that. :slight_smile: We need more reliable KA-T’s around…it’s a great route to go but too many people half-ass it and it just makes KA-Ts look bad.

Right on man can’t wait!

ViPEC is hurrr!

Very impressed so far from what i’ve read about it and seen, can’t wait to wire her up. I’ve gotta give a Thanks to Dan at U2NDyno for hooking me up!

For now some pics.

Good stuff Nick!

Picked up a set of coils for $50 american shipped. They are LM7 5.3 Delphi coils off of a 2002 Tahoe.

wooooot!!!

whats the specs ont he comp inducer and exducer? guessing tis a 60 or 61mm ind.

HX35

Compressor cover- 4" intake and 2.5" out.
Compressor wheel - Inducer: 56mm, Exducer: 81.8mm
Turbine wheel - Inducer: 60mm, Exducer: 69mm

And just for fun heres a comparison.

Garrett GT35R

Compressor cover- 4" intake and 2.5" out.
Compressor wheel - Inducer:61mm, Exducer:82mm
Turbine wheel - Inducer:62mm, Exducer:68