burning oil WOT

yes felt it. oil in the gas will lower the octane, there for it felt like i was running a much lower octane in the car.

Gotcha, makes sense now!

http://jettajunkie.com/vw-jetta/showthread.php?14741-DIY-MKIV-GTI-GLI-1.8T-PCV-Delete-Catch-Can-Install-amp-Brake-Booster-Mod

seems about right. except im not going to use a catch can and just vent to the ground. anyone know where i can get a fitting like this local?

buy daily drivers that dont suck

Just unclip the crank case one, its a hard plastic 90 deg shitter, stuffed in the oil filter housing, held in with a big C clip.

yank off the rubber line, bring to Napa, get more rubber line, clamp that bitch on and run it under the car.

Same with the valve cover one. yank it off the metal nipple on the valve cover and send that shit down to the ground next to the other one.

done.

the 2 letters on the grill were the first suggestion that it was a bad decision! lol

but on top the oil filter housing, that plastic tube is held in with a clip no? this is why people buy this…
http://www.intengineering.com/Billet-Aluminum-Breather-p8914999-1-2.html

where is the actual PCV valve? that hockey puck thing?

EVO was so much easier lol

Yeahthe space shuttle UFO looking thing stuffed in the turbo inlet pipe, POST MAF. and the odd looking thing bolted over the top of the 4th cylinder coil pack (drivers side).

Yes and no. Yes its the plastic tube with the clip, but no that billet adapter is to run AN or Pushlock fittings and hose off to a catch can.

if you arent going to run a catch can, no reason to get that thing… use the stock plastic part, hose clamp on some rubber hose the right dia and send it.

thanks man, big help. didnt do this with my other 1.8t. again, thanks.

Yeah bro no doubt. any time.

ok just looked. not as easy as u think. the intake mani has a line going to the brake booster as well. what do i do with that? put it on one of the nipples on the underside of the intake?

and all those steel lines get removed right?

wait that stays. edit again, brake booster just goes to the intake manifold nipple at the end. right?

WAT

the line from the break booster is a single shot from the booster, to a check valve to the big (3/8" or so) dia nipple on the end of the intake manifold plenum. shouldnt have anything to do with the pcv.

snap a pic of the car and post it ill photoshop that shit.

sounds like that Stage treeeeee kit is making things difficult.

the end of the intake mani has two lines, one of which connects to the things your telling me to take off. i think anyways. im at work and dont have it apart. but the hokey puck has some shit hooked up to it too. ugh! who wants to halp a *****?

LOL

take the hockey puck thing out of the turbo inlet pipe and plug it. follow that back to what ever is next and take that shit out. start at the crank case one, and follow that up, take that shit out.

Plug any extra vac/boost lines/reference nipples you uncovered and that’s it.

yes sir!

10-4 over and out

E, if you want maybe over the weekend i can come over and show you how i did mine… i got rid of everything and dumped it on the ground, literally right under the driver seat… that is if you wanna do it that way.

catch can really wasnt nessecary for me so thats why i dumped it lol

on the evo the one reroiutes and the one just dumps, however the EVO has zero blowby lol

and i got rid of the check valve on the intake mani line aswell