buy and sell

whats with mods stickying their thread when they are selling or wanting to buy?

discuss

I agree, and didn’t take to kindly to Adam copying my exact thread and changing all the prices to like 50-70% lower then mine cause he doesn’t give a shit about how much he makes. At least correct my spelling errors Adam. Would have been friendly to let me finish my car first cause thats the money I will be using to buy another one…

Perks of the job?

I think its abuse if you do it all the time, but stickying something large like parting out a whole car is fine.

Sorry dude but hey if you want stuff gone and money in your pocket you gotta sell things for cheap…

agreed.

for the few things i sell i think ill do it.

soemtimes i dont tho because it seems i get more attention on it if its i the regular area

GT

I’ve never stickied anything I was trying to sell, I figure it should only be stickied if it a big item or something.

i sell a grip of $hit in the buy and sell, and have never stickied anythng.

although i dont see a huge problem with it personally, you do have to understand that some people will see it as an issue.

i doubt that saying it is simply a perk of the job will satisfy any ones concerns.

althought there are a couple of stickies that in teh buy and sell that are not by mods.

I don’t think it’s right… if a post gets 2-3 pages of interest it shoul dbe stickied. It’s unfair to everyone else.

$0.02

what im thinking is that paying members only can have a thread here where they can request stickied buy and sell posts

what do yall think?

i don’t like that idea because then you’ll have a billion and a half stickies. I think the mods should just followt he rules and unsticky their own shit, unless it’s relevant (such as varun’s post about him leaving for a while)

If the forum gets sponsors then they should be allowed to have one sticky up at a time or something.

i don’t even look at stickys.

mine was taken down.

i didnt knwo any better but oh well.

seems posts get more views if theyre not stickyed.

like i said before

GT

Like i said, if its something major like parting a car out, or a list of
several items for sale, then a sticky may be appropriate. If you are
selling only one iterm or its not that important, then just leave it as a
regular post, and bump it when it goes off the first page if necessary.

Sorry for posting after the lock but… you won’t find me sticky-ing a buy/sell post. I knowbeing a mod is a thankless job :wink: but I think it’s unfair. If we are going to start selling advertising on this site, the fewer stickies the better. This isn’t something that should be included in the members fee. We will have 50 stickies before you know it and the buy/sell will become worthless.