Our buy & sell section

I was going to post this in http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?p=61702#61702 <- that thread but I figured it’d make more sense to post it here. What do you guys think? Should it be a cardinal rule to not mess with other’s private transactions? Or should we try and ensure everyone’s being fair? Odviously this doesn’t mean posting crap like ‘good luck selling at that price.’ More educated replys like ‘This is also avaliable from such-and-such at x price …’ would be nice.

Exactly … and espically since the buyer is likely to be someone we know face to face … and we’ve never heard of the seller before?

Were supposed to be a club here damnit. I don’t like the mentality of ‘listen I’m about to sell this guy this thing. He’s willing to pay me way more then its worth and if any of you tip him off I’ll wine and bitch.’

Grow up. Most of the things bought / sold on here arn’t super expensive anyways. If you want to make a killing on buying stuff cheap and selling it more expensively here, we don’t need you in the club. And I don’t think we need people’s memory of this club to be a sour deal.

Who’s with me here?

FYI: Not to harp on this individuals thread. He isn’t trying to make a killing it’s just Gonad wanted to point out the shipping costs involved.

I wouldn’t have posted what I posted, had the user not been someone
from U.S., let alone California.

He is obviously trying to get rid of his stuff, by posting on several boards.
Can’t blame him for that, seeing I do it myself. Free advertising is great.

Anywho, if I know someone can get something a little cheaper elsewhere,
especially if the piece is comparable, I’ll point it out.

If there is a seller I want someone to stay away from, I won’t make it
public, but rather let the person(s) know privately (I’m sure some of you
follow this rule as well).

Comments like “Good luck selling at that price” or “If I had the money,
I’d buy it.” is just a cheap bump and waste of my bandwidth. :squint.

I agree, but it depends on the situation. In some cases PMs would be better suited.

Most people would/should have figured out shipping costs before agreeing to buying those calipers. If your input is helpful and constructive then more power to you.

If you think the price is high, keep it to yourself. Shame on the buyer who doesn’t research and compare prices. If some guy decided to not look up prices and bought a shift knob off me for $200 instead of the usual $100, my gain, his loss.

If the price is too high, no one will buy it and the seller will eventually get the idea. Like the cars that sit on Autotrader for months.

Mods should run it by another fellow moderator on how to handle the situation.

I would like for SON and it’s members to get a fair deal. But there is only so much we can do. Some people need to learn the hard way.