Buying a Skyline...

so i’ve spoken to a few people about insurance… i found out there are approx. 3 insurance companies out there that will insure rhd vehicles -presidents choice and TD. you gotta have a clean record (which i dont as i have a speeding ticket) and you must have 10 yrs of experience. im only 21 which means i will need one of my parents to become a primary driver. (this is only info i was given but correct me if i am wrong.)

also, is there any way to finance a skyline? i know theirs hardly places who will finance one but i wanted to be able to finance instead of paying cash up front especially since i will be going to the philippenes this summer as well which will take a good chunk of my “skyline fund” lol.

so, im wondering, what insurance companies are you guys with? how much do you pay approx? is there a way to finance this vehicle?

also, id rather be able to pick one up locally as im not ready to invest around 10-11 grand on a car based on looking at pictures only. i need to see the car in person with my own two eyes before i even think about purchasing it.

The importers I know work so much around these cars they have no choice but to offer financing through a company so they can most likely hook you up!

These guys make a living off importing cars the chances of yours being a lemon are very rare. My GTS-T is FS in that range but no financing available from me.

so with that said, can you guys give me some places i will be able to source out a skyline? where did you guys go to purchase one of these machines? any recommendations?!?

hit me up on msn. i found a steal of a deal for a skyline. actually two. but before i show you those i need to see if itd be a good idea for you to drive those. both are crazy fast and shouldnt be a first sports car for a novice driver.

so, it seems like no insurance company will insure a skyline. currently, im with PC but as the “secondary” driver on my integra. but now that i can say im fanancially stable, this car will be put in my name and i will take full ownership of it. with that said, i’m still looking to purchase a skyline so the insurance on the integra will not be permanent but it seems like no one wants to insure the skyline. i’d rather insure the integra under one company and be able to switch to primary on the skyline with the SAME insurance company so it will save me the hastle.
im 21, turning 22 and i have my G license. how can i get a skyline insured? i want to be 100% that i can insure this car before i buy it. i dont want to buy the car first and have it sit around while i look for insurance.
any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well as far as sourcing the jdm vehicle, you can either talk to people in the scene, who know there stuff like assassin or you can contact an importer. I just bought a 92 Silvia through the importer ONI-JDM. The car was in great condition and i have no regrets. As far as insurance, i called around for a long time and started getting nervious after people kept refusing. However, there are companies that definatly do insure RHD cars. Try Program Direct Brokers. I got insured through them and im only paying $250/month for full G driver with 5 years exp., no accidents or tickets. Talk to Lucas, hes really helpful.

Check out http://jdmexperts.com my buddy leo just got his car and it’s sweet!

my friend is selling his gtr 1992 skyline in toronto area $12,500 well u can look at add yourself here…http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Nissan-1992-nissan-skyline-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ157846383

i just got a fairlady Z tt RHD…got it insured at co-operators…put it in my dads name and i pay $150/month…steal of a deal!..had no issues with them…even with the short vin #