buying new tires

hey guys. im needing to get new tires for my cobalt ss/tc.
ive done some looking around and i seen that the Bf Goodrich KDW 2’s have come down in price.
i was thinking about getting them, but i was wondering if anyone here has had theses tires.
i see they got good reviews, but just wondering opinions.

thanks guys.

my brother had them his Miata and currently his BMW Z4…they stick pretty good…IMO they are a pretty good tire

ok cool. yea im looking for something with some good grip.

On a FWD platform if you are going to make decent power you should really consider a drag radial or something like the nt-01. Street tires FTL

i said that before and people told me that it was a dumb idea.

Most people on here have never had over 200whp

wtf? drag radials on a fwd dd…as street tires??

get some drags if you want good 60’ times for the track. do NOT ride them dd, its not too fun. they do give ultimate grip, but the second it rains, you will be blessed with absolutely no traction, and dont even think about using them in the snow. also, have fun buying a new pair every 3-6 months at $150 a pop.

kdw2’s look good, sticky, and very grippy. its been said time after time tho that after 10K or so they become very loud on the road, very. personally, i dont mind road noise, but if you do, then consider re-considering…

im about to drive cross-country, and picked up a set of Fuzion ZRi’s (made by Bridgestone) off of TireRack.com for $93 apiece. I got a good recommendation from a previous fwd turbo-spec v owner who said they gave the best traction hes had in his fwd turbo car. he had em for two years before he sold the car and still had great grip by then, even after numerous track runs, burnouts, harsh driving, canyon runs, they never gave out on him. all the reviews say they are very good in wet weather as well.

mine will probably go on this week or next, so i cant speak from personal experience yet. but check em out, and ill let ya know.

ok cool thank you.
im not driving the car in the winter. its only driven in the summer. i have 10k on it after 2 years of having the car.
tirerack has alot of good deals going on with tires now. im wondering if i could fit a 255 on the new Enkei PF01’s?
im buying the rims and tires together.

Again…200whp lol

There is no reason you can not daily a car on dr’s. This is a summer car for this guy I believe. Having a car that makes decent power and just spins is such a fucking waste of time.

SmokeyV have you ever actually owned a dd on dr’s or are you just saying that shit cause you feel like it? I drove a car on dr’s daily for three years in Seattle and not once had a problem in the rain. Stop giving shitty ass advice for this kid to waste his money on shitty ass street tires for a summer car that makes decent power.

thanks cougarspeed!
yes the car is just for the summer. im hopping by end of this summer im making like 400+whp.

yea ZRis are pretty horrible lol…i couldnt wait to ditch them

Im telling you this as someone who has been down this road many times. If you make 400wheel in a fwd car it will lose so much of its fun if you drive it on street tires. If you are really worried about rain and longevity get the nitto 555r. They do not hook that great but work well from a slow roll and are fine in the rain. I daily drove my car in the rain on both BFG and MT dr’s as well and never had a problem but I did drive cautious in the rain. This season I am personally trying nitto nt-01’s they are a road race tire with a very aggressive compound. Should handle great and still be able to hook fine from a slow roll. My car will be around 400rwhp na and 550ish on the bottle.

it depends on what size his rims are.

im pretty sure my friend has oem TCSS Rims and 255azenis on it. he hooks pretty well

if you’re getting new rims stick with 17s, other wise DR’s start to run too wide as u get up there

“You’ve got drag radials, he’s got shitty fuzion street tires from pep boys. You don’t stand a chance”

I hate the KDW’s on my M3. Just because of the noise tho…

wow that should be fun!! most of the racing that i will is going to be roll racing cause of the turbo.
im getting 18s. there are very few good rims that will fit over my brembos.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

were they noisey since the day you put them on or after some time?

While I have nothing to add in regards to the tire in the original post…the closest I can come is that I’ve ran a few different styles of BFG’s in the past on both my Mustang and my SHO and have had excellent results. BFG puts out a pretty solid tire overall.

I also have to chime in on this drag radial discussion…having put ~15k on a set with my Mustang, I NEVER had any issue in the rain. In fact, I would have to try to get them to break loose. With 305rwhp, there was more than enough power to get into trouble with, but like Drew said, it is entirely possible to daily drive with drag radials.

you dont know what offset means do you

yes. but the dont make a wheel with a big enough off set to fit (Enkei wheels), and the wheels that they do make to fit in 17’s are not good wheels.

How wide of an 18 can you fit?

what offset do u need?