ca18-det oil pressure

hey whats is a safe oilpressure for a ca18-det? i just hooked up my guage and am not familiar with the ca18? its in PSI as well

thanks!

rob

cold idle 6-4, warm idle 2-1.5…full throttle usually 6-8 or so…thats what mine runs at anyway
so u keeping the CA18 now???

Those PSI numbers sound very low, isnt it usually 10 at idle, and like 50 at WOT.

Those aren’t psi numbers. Mark has JDM gauges that don’t read “normal” to the rest of us.

BAR

Thank you for clearing that up, but the original question spoke of PSI rating.

Those PSI numbers sound very low, isnt it usually 10 at idle, and like 50 at WOT.[/quote]

So if we go with Mark’s numbers in BARS, that would convert to:

(If we use BARS on the converter, although I have a suspision of using “Atmospheres”)

Cold Idle (4-6bar): 58.01psi - 87.02psi
Warm Idle (1.5 - 2bar): 21.76psi - 29.01psi
WOT (6 - 8bar): 87.02psi - 116.03psi

If the conversion is correct, then there is your numbers.

Aaron

Those PSI numbers sound very low, isnt it usually 10 at idle, and like 50 at WOT.[/quote]

So if we go with Mark’s numbers in BARS, that would convert to:

(If we use BARS on the converter, although I have a suspision of using “Atmospheres”)

Cold Idle (4-6bar): 58.01psi - 87.02psi
Warm Idle (1.5 - 2bar): 21.76psi - 29.01psi
WOT (6 - 8bar): 87.02psi - 116.03psi

If the conversion is correct, then there is your numbers.

Aaron[/quote]
That sounds a bit high. I think the SR guys get about 60 PSI at WOT

hey well at cold idle i am running about 65 psi

at warm it is about 45 but it hasnt been very warm outside so i need to see later and at wide open throttle i am about 80 psi

i got a big oil cooler on but your warm idel pressure seems low, but i could be wrong

and yes i am keeping the ca18 i got my parts sheet translated and it has a head gasket done but there is 1000 dollars worth of egine work i couldnt get translated so i wounder what it is! all i got out of the translator was engine and 1.5 for that one part!

i am going to get a 300hp dyno run again then probably sell it if anyone is interested

rob

I got it translated rob and thats the labour for instaling the engine so ya. My guess is thats the cost of swaping your non turbo to det?

hey allen thanks for the tip on that :slight_smile: