Calabogie HPDE-Club Race July 17-19th

Turn 3 isn’t even difficult to hit.

What’s wrong with my mannerisms, I was truly thankful that they were letting me by, I was really getting sick of looking at the ass-end of M3’s.

+1 there was a silver 350z that wouldn’t let me by for like 1 whole lap because he was faster on the straights… boo

One of you guys has to show me how to embed video…I’m fucking computer iliterate sometimes. Plus i got some some nice hair raising moments locking the rear wheels with the hawk blues. In fact Joe is in the car for the best one, on entry into turn 1, full lockup at the rear…sliding into the trackout.

I might not remember correctly, but I thought it should be
youtu.be/xxxyoutubevideocodexxx

• but I don’t know if Vlad has added it in the admin settings for the forum?

That’s what you get for braking for T1! Serves you right! :lol

Whats funny is…your thinking the kink…i"m thinking jacques

I mean actually transferring from dvd to the computer, then embedding it. I still can’t get my computer to sync the dvd.

Oh, I misunderstood -thought you had them uploaded and everything already.

T1 = kink

Firewire cable is the easiest way to get it straight off the camera tape to compooter or so I’m told.

Tom, I’m guessing the camera came with a manual?
Just throwing that out there. :wink:

Tom doesnt need manuals.

My computer just has a video import program so I transfer direct from the camera to the harddrive.
You could always swing by one of these days to transfer the video over and then i could pay you for the wheels/tires. Although I’m not sure if I want the tires, it looks like they were slightly abused recently…:ninja

I went with a hard drive cam so I could avoid that whole mess.

I have great footage of the paddock all weekend. :shifty Yes, still butthurt about that.

Speaking of tires, what size /brand model are you running on the BMW?

I was running Tom’s Nitto’s. I think they are 225/45R15’s.

the kink is not a turn

T1 according to the track. Of course Bruce describes the 20 turns actually being about 8 if you do not count each apex as a turn.

So --Big Bend at LRP would be Turn 1 – not T2/3

Hence Bogie --T1 - T4 onto Candy Mountain straight could be 2 turns or some crap like that. All of it is good.

Speaking of which, one of the Ottawa people was impressed I took T1 AKA the Kink flat out in the ti – It was so slow you had too! ( actually under acceleration in 5th --1:1 ratio)

Now is that a 1:1 ratio or a -1:1 ratio…?

Don’t worry, it’s probably faster than my heap. One of the guys I used to race motocross with described how to tell when a bike needed a rebuild- when it can’t “pull a greasy string out a cat’s (behind)”.

Really looking forward to the next one!

LOL --All I know is it is SLOW. But fun

Ok sorry for bumping a 2 month old thread, but I finally put together a small article with pics and video from this… I know I know… I’ve just been real busy!

http://www.rspeed.org/forums/geek/gars/images/3/types/thumb_calabogie.jpg