Calabogie HPDE-Club Race July 17-19th

It was definitely great to finally get to see one of these events, and even better to get a couple of rides (thanks to Bruce and Tom). Now I’ve just gotta get my heap situated so that it could make it through a day of that (as opposed to a few intervals at an autocross). And thanks to Byron for carting me there and back-

Sucks that the JP guys had some bad luck this weekend, but very impressive, nonetheless!

Oh, and the redneck bachelorette party was superb. The ‘part-time/off-season’ Santa & ‘Strong like butt’… special.

Had a GREAT time! I just finished editing my 277 pics from the weekend. I’m still converting videos from the chasecam set up.

It was great to meet you guys, and it was good to see some old friends! Sorry I didn’t come say goodbye, but we booked it after my last session because we had to look at a 240 on the way home in Potsdam. Didn’t get home until like 1AM!!!

Anyways, I’ll post up a link to a thread with pics or something when I get them all uploaded. Definitely will have to do another event with you guys.

Just finished uploading my pics from the weekend, not the best but they give you an idea. Tranferred the video to my computer but still need to edit it.

General pics here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/573672195TIIXWM
Club Race pics here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/573671182ySauwa

Some of the photos from 303 imaging…

I can’t believe that nothing killed your oil cooler all weekend. Must be because the Canadians weren’t driving fast enough to kick stuff up.

And no turtles,snakes…or lions,tigers,or bears…and your right, other than the nascar trucks and the DSR racer I never got passed. Oh the vette did once…then i proceeded to keep up with him for some strange reason.
The car gods looked down on us this weekend, we all came out with intact and running vehicles. Upstaters anyway…

:shifty

Tom, that thing looks like a train wreck not a track car. :lol
Fix the Scirocco now please?

I would be so pissed if I was in my Vette at Calabogie and couldn’t shake a relatively stock VW Beetle. :rofl

+rep

LRP October registration is now open.

Tom those pictures belong in the badass auto pictures thread :rofl

• freaking 1.

Driving a slow car fast is truly more fun than driving a fast car slow.

That’s why I love my mom’s honda pilot :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Watch your mouth missy…that car is in beautiful shape and has a higher top speed by far.
140’s verse 120’s :slight_smile:
working on it…putting 1.8T in it

FINE.

You win.

Really?

No, because I don’t even have a prize for you if you win so… it’s on.

In car video from one of the sessions on Sunday: http://www.vimeo.com/5721078
Mike you make an appearance around 15:55

Yes, video time. Thanks for posting. Mike has some good ones too from the Chase Cam.

Wow, it’s time to get you and Joe out of B group. Or at least that B group. If the Civic hatch and E30 are being held up constantly by $60k+ machinery…

In your video and when I went out in A group in Mike’s Mini I saw very few people hitting turn 3 correctly. That’s the most fun corner, you gots to hit it crazy early!

LOL @ new Viper coupe ACR dealie holding you up. And LOL @ Jeff K real life mannerisms also appear behind wheel like flippant sarcastic hand wave. :rofl

Nice… I’m uploading pics right now to the interwebs. I won’t have video until tomorrow because I have to go through 19 of them and pick out the good ones.