Track day anyone?

Would any one be interested in going to Calabogie Motorsports?

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

Its a new track and I am very excited to go and give it a try. I just want to know if there is any interest in setting up a cruise/meet to go there. If you guys think its too far maybe we can go somewhere else like Cayuga. I am not a big fan of Cayuga as I hear that the track is not maintained very well. This is obviously not going to happen any time soon, but I just want to leave this open and see how much interest we get for this.

were is this to be exact i wouldn’t mind going

Near Ottawa?
Kind of far but I might be up to making it out to this.

It is west of Ottawa, about 4 hour drive from Toronto. It is supposed to be beautiful over there. It will probably be a 2 day trip for me if I go, I want to do some fishing and stuff over there. It should be a real good time if we can get a bunch of us to go.

WICKED track. I would be up for going.

+1 for making it a weekend event!

YA i agree with osad the track is hot

I would like to go to Calabogie but not this year. Did you check out the prices for lapping?
It’s basically at least a one night stay so maybe add $100 for the room
50 bucks on food $100 bucks for gas. I would say min $600 dollar event for out of towners. Maybe you can cut some costs if you have freinds to stay at or sleep 5 in a room or a tent haha

The cost of lapping packages will be as follows;
Single days $350
*a fee of $50 is applicable to all orientation programs
**GST will be added to the above prices

Cayuga or Dunville for me this year if any.

Hey I think we can invite people from SON240 and have a big turn out. This way we can get better rates. I remember we had something similar with the Toronto Prelude club where guys from Ottawa and Montreal came down. Some put up a tent and a fire, others were staying in motels and such. All in all, it was a great experience and got to see a lot of great cars and people. I was thinking something similar along the line, the more the merrier, and I hear that there is accommodations over there, plus I love camping so I am down for that as-well :smiley:

Hotel, what hotel? Just snooze in the car! :smiley:

And if you’ve got a hatch you could just fold down the rear seats and fit a sleeping bag in there :slight_smile:

That would probably be nice! live in my car for 2 days :p. I would be fine but, I feel bad for people who have small cars like the 350Z.

if the price is rite sure.

my cottage is near port hope
I can take a bunch of people and save about 2 hrs from the toronto people’s drive…

unfortunately if your car is suuper low…there is no chance of getting down the road to my cottage…

there is room for about 10-15 tents on the property and a nice lake to relax in or on… B.Y.O. food and drink etc…

date dependant and a little thankyou to the cottage association would help the event re-occour yearly.

it is also about 45mins from mosport and 20 minutes from Peterborough…

if you know it is called " Rice Lake"

Hey thats super cool dude. That would definitely help, and I hear that Rice lake has some great fishing as well.