Call out, anyone??

Holy shit, this thread just turned to gold. You, silly Taurus & Colbalt owners. This totally made my night. :lol:

But do you actually own your Cobalt??? I know your only 19 and I should be impressed that you have a new car…but for some reason it’s not a big deal to me to finance a $25k car. Go buy a house at 19 and I’ll be impressed…

You’ve got to be kidding me…how many “chicks” have you seen driving an “SS supercharged” cobalt…I’ve seen 1 around this area, and there are like 4 on the forums…Im just waiting for someone to bring up that it replaced the cavalier…come on, I sense alot of haterade, let it out.

well I decided to “buy” this car when I was 19, Im 20 now…but for what I pay for this car/gas/insurance I could live in a baller ass house, well something around $1000 a month, not many kids my age can say something like that…O no co-signer on my loan too…so no, my parents don’t pay for any of it.(figured i’d get that out there too)

So the SHO is a 2.0 liter?? and makes about 120hp per liter?? interesting, this is news to me…according to this website here

the manual SHO was a 3.0L the auto’s were 3.2L, easy enough mistake to make.

and though I don’t have any HP numbers of my car if I go by many other SHO’s from the past i’m making well over 120hp per liter with my current setup.

i’ll reference this post, I don’t know if you have to be logged in to view.
http://www.shoforum.com/showthread.php?t=65940&highlight=turbo+SHO+dyno

FYi the girl in the video is the owner and the person that did most of the turbo work.

they were asked what was done to the car.

GT 42 turbo, 38 lb injectors, FMU, Apexi SAFCII,STOCK ENGINE INTERNALS, underdrive pulleys, fidanza flywheel, Racing clutch. thats it.
-ashley- haha… all I could yell out was 400 HP F*CK hahah!!! it was hilarious.

they are running a stock 3.0 (I have a 3.2) with stock butterflies (mine are 40mm which yeald lage gains on FI cars) and are on a stock intake, not even dissasembled to gasket match (mine is extrude honed with ported/gasket matched heads) both of us are running stock cams. her stock intake is what is killing her top end + ford OBD1 computers don’t typicaly do well with SAFC’s

oth of us are running 10PSI except i’m on a ball bearing turbo she is not (I think)

she also added

yeah just 3.0. the car was actually built in 10/88 too… pretty old… umm… experienced. Other than what we listed it is all stock internals in the engine also.

*** cliffnotes for those that wont read all that *** my car should be making over 400WHP

well I decided to “buy” this car when I was 19, Im 20 now…but for what I pay for this car/gas/insurance I could live in a baller ass house, well something around $1000 a month, not many kids my age can say something like that…O no co-signer on my loan too…so no, my parents don’t pay for any of it.(figured i’d get that out there too)

some people prefer new cars, thats fine I prefer my stuff paid off… it’s mine and nobody can take it + being a taurus nobody will steal it. $110 a month is for insurance is nice too.

SOMEDUDE runs 13.8 in the quarter with 400hp, and I can do that with less than 250

you know just as well as everyone else that the car can’t launch, it needs a tune badly.

how slow does it take off? http://www.sonikempire.com/AutoX/SMn_220_run3.wmv
that is a balls out launch, everything the car has got untill i hit the brakes for the first turn, it is actually my slowest run of the day but it is the only vid I have of it taking off. OBVIOUSLY there is some serous time to be had in a launch, so I wouldent put too much stock into my 1/4 mile time.

haha, that’s funny, because I put 17.5psi through my motor EVERYDAY.
I think he was refering more to the milage/durability part. I don’t know anything about the cobalts durability so I can’t comment.

he talked shit about the car the next time we were all at mighty, to the point that people were actualy coming over to alex and i to laugh about how much much his vagina hurt

I think 2 or 3 people came over to me the one night and were like “damn you should here the shit he is talking about your car” that is agervating and I don’t think its necessary, when i race someone usually i end the race with a thumbs up and a discussion afterwords. (refering to 2 different nights)

Dear LXTASY:

It's very apparent that you do care. You can't shine shit, so stop trying to  convice me that a ford taurus is a fucking sweet ride......... sorry, just not happening. Oh and by the way BRO, I feel sorry for the HANDFUL of you that waste time and money on modifying a taurus in the first place.....

Indeed because not everyone gets the chance to own a Civic. :pimp:

To each his own I guess…I think I’m done with this.

XOXO, LXTASY

:lol:

I’D RATHER OWN A CIVIC THAT HAS A BIGGER PERFORMANCE FOLLOWING THAN SOME GAY TAURUS…

Actually you cant compare boost from a SC to Turbo. Way to many variables to consider. Not to mention how much power it takes to run a small roots blower to push 17psi. Shit my M90 wastes 50+ hp to push 10psi. I’d like to see that same turbo on the cobalt at 10psi. I guarantee it would be a completely different car.

While I know your making some great HP you cant say just because someone else has this and make XXXwhp that you will to. I have the same set up on the gtp as a few people and my dyno #'s were different. Again to many variables.

Guys this thread blew up for no reason. Ron is a great guy and wanted to get his car out for some runs. Stop the BS please.

fucking lol :lol:

Maybe “NA KING” should run somedude’s “gay taurus”?

wow, attacking other people’s cars now. I’m sorry, but your Cobalt will never have as much quality, style or class as a Conquest. How can you compare?

I absolutely fawking HATE when people try to use the “oh but your car has a bigger displacement blah blah blah” exscuse. You are a damn fool if you think that any person has any reason to be able to bitch about that. What matters in the end is whose car is faster (in whatever type of race you are talking about…roll, dig, whatever). Its all about the total package that makes any car what it is. I don’t hear any of the big boys complain when they run bikes on the track or on the street or whatever. “oh…but your bike weighs xxxx less than my car”. STFU go cry about your cavalier somewhere else

LOL i would so take a cobalt over the conquest

this thread has turned into a SHO orgy lol

Dude, SHO’s are lame…:slight_smile: I think it’s fair to say that those of us who own realize that they aren’t the pinnacle of automotive performance, but they’re also not as lowly as many people want them to be. I’d honestly like to know how many people out there who are hating on these cars have been for a ride in one? …especially one that has seen extensive mods such as Alex’s or Ron’s…I think they’d be surprised with the overall package.

While I know your making some great HP you cant say just because someone else has this and make XXXwhp that you will to. I have the same set up on the gtp as a few people and my dyno #'s were different. Again to many variables.

you are absolutly right, but there are a lot of things that I have going for my car to make the engien more effecient than his. the intake work is huge on these cars when they are boosted +the .2L helps as well. Not only that but his turbo has well over 100K on it + it is less efecient than mine. my turbo flows better and spools quicker than hers but she got it for free so she can’t complain. she has about $400 in her car. $1 per HP is pretty damn good I have just under 4K in my engine. but there are other factors like you said. My engine has 219K on it and while the compression is still in spec i’m sure its not at 100%

I’D RATHER OWN A CIVIC THAT HAS A BIGGER PERFORMANCE FOLLOWING THAN SOME GAY TAURUS…

i didn’t want to be like everyone else in the area. it seems like you could take a good shit and accdently turbo your honda around here. not everyone is a follower. i’m what the 4th or 5th turbo SHO in existance? the second ATX.

Guys this thread blew up for no reason. Ron is a great guy and wanted to get his car out for some runs. Stop the BS please.

Who asked you?

ROFL

Yea you know what your right you aren’t like everyone else. Everyone else “HAS” a front bumber.

wow … such a SIQQQ BURN

alex’s bumper is in the garage, it will be on when the car get reassembeled, and everything we’ve done to the car will fit under it witout any modification to the bumper