Calling subaru people... Fuel Pump voltage troubleshooting help.

If I’m not mistaken it’s under the passenger front foot area. Pull up carpet, should be under a metal protection plate.

I got back on the car last night and tracked the issue down a bit more. I unplugged everything under the dash I find with a clip, and the short went away. so one by one i plugged them back in and tested until I found the short. I have everything plugged back in EXCEPT for this white plug. I have a pic of it and will upload shortly.

The plug is 2 pins high, and about 13 wires/pins in the middle with 2 bigger gauge wires on either side with female spade connectors inside the plug. It is all attached to a white plastic cage thing hanging under the drivers side dash, behind a silver PCM looking case. Looking at the fuse panel it is about 5 inches above it.

Tonight or tomorrow i will make up a little jumper, and connect each wire to the other side in the clip until I find out which one is the short.

With it unclipped, I dont have the following things working:

Interior lights
Cluster lights
headlights
radio

the wipers work
starter motor cranks fine
only 3 lights show up on the cluster batt abs and something i forgot.
cruse controll button lights up

Adam, any idea what that connects to?

that looks like the accessory harness? Not sure though

Well with it unplugged the motor still cranks and doesnt fire. I didnt check to see if the PCM has voltage though, i bet it doesnt. at this point, I am hoping that when i jump each pin, the short isnt on the bigger ga wires on the edge of the connector, becasue those look like 12v feeds to the distro block.

I am really crossing my fingers that I find one stupid wire shorting it, ill yank that out of the plug, plug the rest back in and the car will run without it connected, then I can findout what doesnt work. lol

off the top of my head no, but it appears to just be a sub harness connector. I’d have to see it straight on and I may be able to identify it.

Well I called it quits on this thing. The red wire you see on the left of that clip is the one shorted out from that clip towards the rest of the wireing. So I dont have the time to dick with it anymore.

Anyone want this thing for parts? I am going to list it in CL I think. its got good wheels/tires/brake are newer, body panels are in good shape.

I could use some parts.

Let me know.

I will let you know, ill come up with a plan in th next day or so.